1999 Chevrolet Blazer

not true...most if not all will have stickers on the bottom panel. you remove the panel the warrant if void.

nobody will do that unless its out of warrant.

or they put something on the screws or what ever...

they can tell.. hell i can tell.
most do, sure. but if it doesnt have a sticker then do it.

if you're uncomfortable dont open it, simple

So I’ve got some things to do here, and I need some ideas.

Scott from GZ USA was awesome enough to ship me out a new amp. I can’t speak highly enough of the customer service from both him and Brandon. They make well sure that whatever you need, you have, until you’re happy. They’ve done more at this point than any other company has for me.

Beyond that, I found out that the fans on the inside of the amp are not enough to overcome the hundred-degree Texas heat. So, I need to figure out the best way to add fans. I would like to keep it to two fans, I have 140mm fans now, one under each amp. I would like to put them underneath the amp, with the bottom covers removed, so that way I keep the clean look on top of the amp rack. With them below you will never know they are there. This may not resolve it, because most of the heat exchange is handled through the fins on the top of the heatsink (the case), but I’m hoping it’s going to be enough. I will be removing the bottom covers of both amps, and I am also able to remove the side panels from both amps. When I say remove the side panels in my options below, I mean the right panel of the left amp, and the left panel of the right amp, so the ones inside. I’ll be keeping the panels in place on the outside so the amps look normal. Now the way my amp rack is, I think I have a couple options:

1. Keep the side panels on, have both fans pushing (blowing up into amp).

2. Remove side panels, have both fans pushing.

3. Remove side panels, have one fan pushing and one fan pulling.

What do you think? I’m open to other ideas as well.

Or do you guys think I will need to put airflow across the top of the amps, that just under won’t suffice?

Finally got some time and was able to pull it out and do some work.

First pulled the whole board out and took the bottom covers and inside side panels off. Here's what I was talking about before if any of you couldn't visualize it (probably because of my terrible explanation):

Then cut out holes for the 140mm fans and routed the edges. These are very sloppy but I was just trying to get it done fast and no one is going to see them:

Then I threw the amps back on there. This actually worked out really well because the way the amps are designed the side panels are raised a little bit. I'm getting good airflow out the fan holes and out of the bottom of the side panels:

Wired the fans to a switch, then to the relay for everything. This way, I can either leave the switch on all the time and the amps will only come on when the amps are on, or I can turn them completely off:

And can't notice anything was done from the outside:

I have high hopes for this. I haven't went and pushed the amps and tried to get 'em to heat up, but I'm going to assume all is well now.

Now that I have some logistics out of the way, I can move forward with final tuning and reviews. It's been beautiful here lately (just hot as hell), so I've been riding my bike almost every day, so not sure when I'm going to get around to it.

And this marks the conclusion of the Blazer saga:

Buying a new car, so had to rip everything out. Sooooo much easier coming out than it is going in (you know what I'm talkin' about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif). Took about 5 hours total.

I never tuned this, never really brought the TM65s, the GZ amps, or the Daytons to the edge, never compared the TM65s to the Anarchies, few things I didn't get around to. But, this thing is becoming a hassle. Buying a 2011 Impala. This stuff will be going in there sooner or later.

....Until then!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.