1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Got it all sanded down and just threw the stain on.

Was much darker than I hoped, but it's alright I guess. A little blotchy too.

Still don't know what I'm gonna do with my front stage amp situation. My choices are these:

1) Keep the Levi for now. Send it in to get fixed and possibly modded somehow (maybe higher power on channels 5-6 but stable at 8ohms or something).

2) Gladen XL250.4

3) Soundstream REF2.640 and REF4.920. This is a deal that's going to expire VERY soon, like within the next couple days.

4) Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII and 4200XII, but those won't be available for a couple months.

Couple things.

First up, box is done. Not going to stuff it I've decided. Going to try to get someone over here to help me drop it in this week.

Next up, I pre-ordered SI's TM6.5. Should be solid, and I can use stock door panels without mods. Pretty sure I'm gonna stay with 2-way.
TM65 6.5″ Woofer | Stereo Integrity

For my amp situation, I am going to keep the Levi for now and get it fixed. I am going to wait for either @West's creations or new Ground Zero Hydrogen amps (Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII and Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII), or maybe figure something better out. Gonna stay with 2-way, but still need 100Wx2 at 4ohms and 150W+x2 at 8ohms, so it's tough to find in one four channel amp. Very open to options.

I also plan on changing my substage. Thinking about a pair of nice 12's with PRs. I don't need to be as loud (I'm attributing mechanical vehicle problems to that too) and I will gain space back, which will allow me to throw my amps and everything in the rear. The CSS SDX12's really stand out to me right now, but again, open to options.

Levi is up for sale, SHD is up for sale, DC is going to be listed shortly. Going with Ground Zero amps, subs TBD.

Bad pic, will probably get more tomorrow.

Here is a 10-150Hz sweep, no LPF on sub:

Here is pink noise, 63Hz LPF:

Don't pay attention to overall SPL level in relation to one another, they weren't done at the same time.

So new setup will be:

1x Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII

1x Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII

2x Ground Zero GZHA 1.1850DXII

3x Dayton Audio HO 12"

2x Stereo Integrity TM65 (going to compare to Exodus Anarchy and decide which to run)

Of course, that's if anyone will buy the Zed, DC, or SHD. Buy my amps people!

Nice build I really liked your battery box/amp rack. Your build goes back to 2013 reading your post was like watching 8 seasons of Breaking Bad all in one day.
Lol' date=' thanks man. Next one should be better. At least what I have in my head anyway, who knows how that will translate to real life.

Next time you stain try gel stain its like jelly. Gives 100% control of the distribution.
I'll look around for that. I think it was just the wood, I applied it fairly evenly.

After you stained the box did you coat it with anything else? I like that stained look
I like to use two coats of polyurethane. Gives a protective coating, but it's not a super smooth finish. I tend to like a little bit of a raw look in there. You can do more if you want that glass look, or you really don't need to do it at all. Really just your preference.

Alright, where to start. Been a lot of changes.

- Leviathan was sold.

- DC 5k was sold.

- SHD was removed.

- Exodus Anarchys were removed.

Bought a new Soundstream REF2.370 and REF2.640. Pics!

Also bought two Ground Zero amps, a GZHA 4200XII and 2400XII.

Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII

Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII

Went back and forth with Scott from GZ USA for months (literally months, since last summer) and was finally able to swing a couple amps. Really excited to try these. Only thing is, he just told me yesterday that during shipping, the pallet the amps on broke on the truck and the amps slid all over. He's reviewing now, so hopefully there will be a couple good ones in the bunch and I won't have to wait for another shipment from Germany. I have absolutely no doubt he will make things right, even if I get them and there are problems.

So, for amps, I will be running the SS REF2.370 for tweeters, the GZHA 4200XII bridged to each mid at 8 ohms, and the GZHA 2400XII at 2 ohms for subs. So, all class AB. I was all class D before, so I'll be able to see if there really is a difference. I don't think there is, for the record.

The amp rack is going to be a two level deal, just waiting on the GZ amps to get here so I can measure to start building.

For mids, my Exodus Anarchy's came out today. They were replaced with Stereo Integrity TM65's. First, some photos:

Stereo Integrity TM65 by Gilbert Kless, on Flickr

I put mine in today, and my initial impression was one of slight disappointment. There was a hollow sound and I found myself reaching for EQ. Vocals sounded a bit odd. Quick RTA showed 500Hz was down, but I'm not totally sure at this point it's solely the drivers themselves. Might be the way they're playing with the truck. I also noticed that they don't seem as efficient as the Anarchy's I took out, seems like they both handle more and require more power to get loud. Seemed like the snap of a snare drum was more in your face though, I did like that.

Regardless, I only have about 45 minutes on them, so I will definitely give them some time. Both of the symptoms I've described will almost definitely subside after break in. I also only have them on like 30W or so, temp amp right now until my Ground Zero amps get here. I'm excited to see what they hold in store. I will be revisiting the Anarchy's in another month or two, and do a true side-by-side with both broken in well.

Here's another review where the initial symptoms were also seen, and disappeared after some listening: Average Joe Review: Stereo Integrity TM65 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

For subs, I plan on running a pair of Dayton HO 15's sealed.

I think that's it for now.

Going from a 24" SHD ported to two 15's sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Switching to the SQ side of things?

Going from a 24" SHD ported to two 15's sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Switching to the SQ side of things?
The ported box for the SHD never worked, was too small. But yeah, I guess more SQ. Just wanted to downsize, both physically and in power. I'm sick of dealing with problems from things getting rattled apart. Don't want the extra weight, don't need to be that loud. Was fun, it's just too much money.

The ported box for the SHD never worked, was too small. But yeah, I guess more SQ. Just wanted to downsize, both physically and in power. I'm sick of dealing with problems from things getting rattled apart. Don't want the extra weight, don't need to be that loud. Was fun, it's just too much money.
Interesting. Could have tried the SHD in a sealed box, instead of selling the 5k and buying new stuff.

BTW, I saw that amp, and it's a lot smaller than it looked in the pictures. Adam is going to be running Shaun's SP4 on it, that he's buying from me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.