1999 Chevrolet Blazer

gives you actual current draw of the amps ...I have one too .... mine has a 500amp shunt also, I might not be able to use it now ... I'll have to find a 1000 amp shunt to keep me good ...

oh ok mostly used by people in competitions or looking to get real current draw?
Yep, a shunt. You need a shunt for anything over about 20A draw, depending on the ammeter. I have it to know what amperage the amps are pulling. Everyone is so concerned with voltage, but no one cares about real-world amp draw, only the simple math they do, which I don't understand.

My fingers are tender. Back is shot. Think I have some strands of wire in random places in my skin. Shed about 5 pounds in this heat. But 4 hours this morning, and she's in:

Love it when things go well the first time! Quick shot of the mess below I told you it would turn into:

Only played for about 5 minutes, but initial impressions are very good. Granted, I had maybe 25W on each mid with the amp before, so I want to give it some time to get used to before I make any decisions. I will write a full update later though here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-reviews/616676-ground-zero-gzha-2400xii-4200xii-review-2.html

The power LEDs on these GZ amps are extremely bright. They light up the whole cabin at night. Anyone know a good way to tame them? I figured I'd just take a sharpie to them.

depends how in depth you wanna get, wire a resistor in line. usually easier with the amps that have the leds on the seperate plate with a long wire you can tap into

depends how in depth you wanna get, wire a resistor in line. usually easier with the amps that have the leds on the seperate plate with a long wire you can tap into
Probably not going to do that. Might just find a sticker of some sort.

Probably not going to do that. Might just find a sticker of some sort.
ya really, just take apart a brand new ( bad asss amp ) just to do that.

if you wanted to do it really nice, get some spray tint in a can tape it out and spray it. will make it a little darker.

if you did that it would make it look factory.

or if you dont hat to do that ( you may not ) a sticker will work.

use a small piece of tint or somehting, my back windows are peeling so id probably just pull off a piece and tape it on underneath cover where you cant see it

nothing wrong with pulling apart a new amp if you know what you're doing and dont do anything retarded while you're in there

Uh oh.

Thermal protect on the two channel. She was cooking. Like, burn my hand hot. This has cooling fans on the inside, but they never spun at all. Not sure why. This amp's side panels were a little damaged when it arrived, but nothing looked wrong at all, so I'm not sure that's the reason.

Regardless, talked to Scott immediately to see if he's seen this before. He said no. He said that he could ship another out Tuesday, if I could pull this one and get it back to him next weekend. I was like you, sir, are awesome! Not too many companies work that quick, nor will ship you a replacement before they receive the broken item. Just another testament to GZ USA's customer service.

GZ is awesome.

On the other hand, the truck is louder and sounds better than it ever has. TM65's are definitely louder, at least to me right now. Again though, I had that temp amp for a couple months so I might just not remember correctly. Either way, I'm happy right now. The SS amp stayed cool, the GZ 4 channel did get pretty warm, but not like the GZ 2 channel did. Even sealed, there is a good amount of output from these Daytons, I'm pretty happy with them right now. Blends very well with the front. Really happy with this so far, and right now I'm just guesstimating amp gain level by eye and ear. Gonna let things break in and then bust out the scope.

use a small piece of tint or somehting, my back windows are peeling so id probably just pull off a piece and tape it on underneath cover where you cant see it
nothing wrong with pulling apart a new amp if you know what you're doing and dont do anything retarded while you're in there
not true...

most if not all will have stickers on the bottom panel. you remove the panel the warrant if void.

nobody will do that unless its out of warrant.

or they put something on the screws or what ever...

they can tell.. hell i can tell.

wow...glad scott is taking care of you.

keep use informed.
Yep, no worries. I'm not upset. Who knows what happened during shipping. Could happen to any amp, so it's nothing against the amp or company IMO. Just speaks well about CS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.