1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Got all the exposed edges routed:

Made these braces:

Took it all apart to paint the port. White first, then the Power Green:

Finally glued the port in there:

Ordered one pair, salvaged another from an old box. LOVE these binding posts, I do and will use them on all my boxes:

It's comin along. SHD is still like 2-3 weeks out, so I've got time. Grossly underestimated the amount of paint I'd need, only ordered one can and used it all on the port. Got more ordered today, but the paint portion is on hold for now.

Spent most of my day literally watching glue dry. When I put the port in I wasn't able to get glue in between the port wall and the side wall, so I've had to go back and glue it all. Had to do a couple passes, and drying time is long when you're trying to fill gaps.

Besides glue, threw in a couple dowels:

That's all the bracing I'm doing. Should be fine.

And I cut the baffle. This is enormous. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's huge. Got a spray paint can there for some reference:

I REALLY wanted to do a flush baffle, but I think I need the strength of the double baffle, and I can't add a third baffle. Thoughts?

OutSPAMding ^^^

So drilling through plexiglass is tedious. Took me more than an hour to do just these 16 holes. Can't let the bit get too warm or it will melt it, can't spin it too fast or push too hard or you won't get anywhere before it melts, and you have to be careful when exiting the other side to not chip it. Went out and bought a glass/tile bit, was about halfway through and this happened:

Shoot. So, went with what I heard was the next best option, a standard spade bit. Worked well, no issues.

Shot it with one can of white. That's all I have for now, got two more in the mail. Don't mind the top, had tape there to block the port.

First baffle goes on tomorrow. Then I'm waiting on paint.

Considering doing a multicolor splatter on the inside. Should I, and if so, what colors?

Had the bike in the shop for the 1000 mile scheduled maintenance today. Really annoyed right now, just got done waxing/polishing and I was fighting mosquitoes the ENTIRE time. Like an hour and a half. Have 7 new bites. Dafuq!! She looks really good now though.

Before that, while I was waiting for both the bike and the weather to cool down, I got the first baffle put on:

Not sure if I'm gonna wait for paint to get here so I can spray without worrying about getting any paint on the top where I'm staining, or just go ahead and put the top baffle on and just tape off the top really well when I spray the inside. Will probably go with the latter just because I'm impatient.

Paint still isn't here, so on goes the top baffle. Just going to top mount.

I think I have enough glue on there. I think. Don't mind the different colors, I was almost empty on a couple different wood glues lol.

So I don't have clamps. And it turns out that I don't really have much heavy stuff. Here's what I came up with to weigh it down:

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's gonna stay like that until tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, those cutouts are for 10's. You can't really see the SHD cutout to compare, but you can get an idea.

Probably can't tell once again, but second and final coat of polyurethane:

Paint came in:

I'll be spraying tomorrow after the poly dries. Should be carpeting by the weekend. Carpeting is my least favorite part of this whole thing.

Huuuuuuuuge update:

I drilled the holes for binding posts and light connection bolts.

Lol, been doin other stuff lately.

Oh, I also rewired the voltage meters, and made no difference. I think I'm taxing the relay? I don't know. I need to figure it out though. I may end up running another relay.

Who wants to carpet for me? I hate carpeting, and that's basically why I haven't finished yet lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.