1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Finally got around to carpeting. I hate spray glue -_-

Tomorrow should be plexi, binding posts, and maybe some hi-res photos //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I used black RTV liquid gasket, didn't spread out super evenly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Oh well though, not a huge issue to me. Also didn't notice how crooked the binding post holes were until I put them in. I'm OCD like that.

Now just have to mount the lights and this bish will be done. Then it's just a waiting game for the sub. Hopefully I'll have it in time for Heat Wave :/

I used black RTV liquid gasket, didn't spread out super evenly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Oh well though, not a huge issue to me. Also didn't notice how crooked the binding post holes were until I put them in. I'm OCD like that.

Now just have to mount the lights and this bish will be done. Then it's just a waiting game for the sub. Hopefully I'll have it in time for Heat Wave :/
Hell yeah man I wanna see this

So, gonna finally refinish these ugly bishes:

The sun and cheap materials I guess really did a number on them. Yep, those are fingerprints. No idea what happened there, must have been the oils on my fingers? Sweat? Who knows. Cheap stuff was used, so here I am. Just gonna plasti-dip I think.

Also, headliner came out. No idea what to do here:

I need to brace it. I thought I had more room between the roof braces and the roof, was gonna add wood in there, but I don't. I might be able to put a block in the middle between two roof braces because of the lip on the roof brace, might fit well. But I don't know what to do on the rear side, which is where I really need it.

Anyone have any ideas? I want to be able to get the headliner back in there.

Just sprayed over it. Not perfect, but much better, and good enough for me.

Still no ideas for the roof. Only thing I got is to replace the AT with Tantric Vibraflex, it's supposed to dry really freakin hard. Like, concrete hard. May be my only option. Got a week or two to think about it.

So, found the AT starting to peel:

Was still very stuck to the roof though. No issues there.

So my first idea was to cut wood strips and glue them into the ribs of the roof. So I cut the deadener in prep for that:

But after I cut them, they were extremely flimsy. Like, I was scared they would just crack and/or not give support at all. So here's what I ended up doing:

Shoved some wood pieces in between the braces and the roof. Should give some decent support. Before the braces weren't in contact with the roof, so it still had room to move. I think this was a decent move.

Then, I found some extra AT laying around. It's 3-4 layers in the back now. Figured I'd try to at least lower the resonating frequency.

I'm done with this. Could have done some more, but I'm annoyed at this point and tired of spending money on it right now. I did look back at some videos and it was moving a lot, but less than I thought. With what I just did, should be about the same after the extra cone area, port direction, and closer proximity to the roof. I hope.

**** **** ****!!!!

Friggin socket set fell on them. Sooooo pissed. That's the left one. The dust cap was punched in, I was able to **** it back out luckily (I'll leave that open for you guys). Here's the right one:

The grill just broke on this one thankfully. This blows. They still function the same, so I can live with it for now. Not getting another pair for a little while though, probably not until next month.

On the plus side, the A pillars look much better.

And just because:

Illumination!

Figured it was time to finish this box up. They are some fog lights from eBay. Aiming is generally across the motor, but should light up everything pretty well. I hope. Held the wires down with hot glue.

Box is done now, just gotta drop in the sub. Would be really cool if I didn't have to wrestle it back out to adjust the mounting hole diameter, but I'm doubtful. Murphy told me to take a video of me putting the sub in the box. I told him I didn't need that embarrassment in my life.

Sub should be here by October 1st, he's building it this week.

****! ****!! ****!!! **********!!!! 19 pages and no sub yet. this is like one of those mini series on tv. that does something crazy for the seasonfinale. then makes u wait till next **** season to see what happens. anyways awesome work! can't believe i haven't seen this before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.