1999 B-lazer Build

atoz2

Senior VIP Member
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself first, My names Stephen I live in rural Montana, and love car audio. For the most part people here only have bestbuy crap and I'm looking to build a decent build mostly towards SPL looking for advice along the way. Currently gonna get some gear but later towards fall im looking to finish up this build fully, maybe end up with a wall for all i know.

Current setup:

Headunit:JVC KDR650

Dash:nothing

Front doors: cheap clarion coax

Rear doors: cheap clarion coax

Subwoofer(s): two 12in Powerbass M-series

Sub Amp(s): Pioneer GM-8601

Mids+highs amp: none

BATTS: 55ah Deka from Michaellane

ALT: stock

Wire: knukonceptz OFC

Plans

Headunit: Clarion CZ702

Dash: depends on what I can fit and where I wanna put my tweets

Front doors: component set don't have my heart set on any yet? Suggestions?

Rear doors: don't really care i leave the back seats down permantly

Subwoofer(s): DSS ethos 15in in 3 cubes at 33hz(eventually 2 this fall)

Sub amp(s): Crescendo BC2000 (maybe eventually 2 strapped? or 1 large amp if I can trade away or sell BC2000)

Mids+highs amp: probably PPI

BATTS: Probably something from Michaellane

ALT: 275amp from JS alts

Wire: a lot more knuconceptz wire...

Car:

okay guys got a lot of work done this week! first I'll show you what showed up!

comparison the Js alt came fast and the guy was very nice, im very impressed overall.

Installed! :p nice and easy

next i got the box all finished up

And she's all in the rig.

so all in all pretty eventful week still deciding what to run for mids/highs and what amp to get for them, probably gonna order the cz702 this week I don't know yet :p got quite a lot of work done for going to school full time and working part time! gonna paint the box probably soon just wanna make sure she's all good to go! not going to carpet it though, also amps is installed and mounted in a temporary spot until later this summer when i get the 2nd ethos and upgrade still deciding what to do go another nendo 2k right now looks like i might go soundqubed 4500, still dont know anyways thanks for checking in.

Sorry for not updating this but nothing has happened since. But new plans!! Doing and SQL setup just bought a Vfl 175.1. And it's going to be powering 2 ampere audio 3.0 v2 15's. Still trying to decide on mids. Gonna go with some vifa x25 tweets in the pillars. Need some suggestions for mids and a head unit would be great.

I would say go with pro audio drivers for your mids. They will be efficient and have no problems keeping up with your subs. The SQ are supposed to be good for cheap, or the Sundown neo pros or if you can spend more something from B&C, eminence, JBL/selenium. Its good to see someone fairly local on here. Build looks good so far.

Yeah I was pretty set on that. Just wanted to see if there is anything else comparable out there
There are lots of h/u's comparable to the 80prs but they don't get suggested.Just have to do some research.You going active or passive?

There are lots of h/u's comparable to the 80prs but they don't get suggested.Just have to do some research.You going active or passive?
yeah guess I'll have to dig into it more and I want to go active. Any suggestions?

I would say go with pro audio drivers for your mids. They will be efficient and have no problems keeping up with your subs. The SQ are supposed to be good for cheap, or the Sundown neo pros or if you can spend more something from B&C, eminence, JBL/selenium. Its good to see someone fairly local on here. Build looks good so far.
Where are you located?? I'm in the bitterroot valley. And I was looking into silver flutes. I really want some of the exodus anarchy mids.

I am in Missoula, the anarchies are nice. I had a pair in one of my old cars. I actually just sold them. If you want good midbass and have plenty of power you can't go wrong with the anarchies. You have to thoroughly deaden and seal your doors though. I've seen a lot of good things about the silverflutes. I've never ran them myself.

I am in Missoula, the anarchies are nice. I had a pair in one of my old cars. I actually just sold them. If you want good midbass and have plenty of power you can't go wrong with the anarchies. You have to thoroughly deaden and seal your doors though. I've seen a lot of good things about the silverflutes. I've never ran them myself.
that's awesom in about 35mins from Missoula.

Also I'll be putting my 15in ethos up for sale later this week. Basically new. Will take anything useful in trade too

Bad news. A whole bunch of gear had come in, was about ready to start doing some work in the car and post some pics but this Thursday I got rear ended really bad and the blazer has some pretty bad frame damage, I'm pretty sure she's totaled but I'll let you guys know. Might have to get a new ride

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.