1966 Corvette Custom Autosound Radio Won't Preset

Participant count
  • Participant list

BJ1k

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought this Custom Autosound Concours Series USA-230 radio a couple years ago ,installed it in my Corvette but never played with it to set things in . When I try to find local stations and nudge the station button to manually find a station so I can preset it the radio just starts seeking and I can't just manually click it to the stations that I want. It just continually seeks a station. The owners manual says to just manually turn the tune knob to right or left to find the right number that I am looking for but it just keeps seeking . What could be wrong ?

I bought this Custom Autosound Concours Series USA-230 radio a couple years ago ,installed it in my Corvette but never played with it to set things in . When I try to find local stations and nudge the station button to manually find a station so I can preset it the radio just starts seeking and I can't just manually click it to the stations that I want. It just continually seeks a station. The owners manual says to just manually turn the tune knob to right or left to find the right number that I am looking for but it just keeps seeking . What could be wrong ?
Are you ever able to tune in to a station, manually?

Last edited:
Does it say "manual" when you do a partial turn and hold of the dial?
It should do that and manually tune, then go back to automatic search the next time you turn the knob.

Have you tried using a different antenna? Kind of sounds like you are not getting any signal. When that happens, there isn't anything to lock onto and the scanner just keeps scanning along.

Last edited:
This morning I checked the connection on the end of the antenna wire and where someone had put a new end on it and it wasn't getting a good connection so I cut it off and reinstalled it and it started working . I also did what you said with a partial turn and that seems to help also. Thanks for all of the suggestions >

This morning I checked the connection on the end of the antenna wire and where someone had put a new end on it and it wasn't getting a good connection so I cut it off and reinstalled it and it started working . I also did what you said with a partial turn and that seems to help also. Thanks for all of the suggestions >
Awesome, love it when things work!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...