1600 watt amp

Bradda_dan

I have a 1600 wat amp from audio solutions. I have it wired to my two 12"s and the guy never told me how much it can handle or the ohm load or anything. And i canʻt find specs anywhere. My amp is running hot off the two subs so i unhooked one and now itʻs running at 5ohms. But still hot. I have nonodea whatʻs the issue. Itʻs not bridged or anything. Only a 2 channel amp. "As2.800" is the name and the brand is audio solutions. Any ideas or tips would be nice. Thanks from hawaii!

Never heard of the brand either....gotta be some knock off or something and doubt very much it is 1600 watts.

Could be a number of reasons why it runs hot: enadequite power/ground wire running to it, real low impedance final ohm load, which the amp may not handle, etc.

Need more info and pics if you can.

I have a 1600 wat amp from audio solutions. I have it wired to my two 12"s and the guy never told me how much it can handle or the ohm load or anything. And i canʻt find specs anywhere. My amp is running hot off the two subs so i unhooked one and now itʻs running at 5ohms. But still hot. I have nonodea whatʻs the issue. Itʻs not bridged or anything. Only a 2 channel amp. "As2.800" is the name and the brand is audio solutions. Any ideas or tips would be nice. Thanks from hawaii!
any 2 channel should be able to run in stereo so just run 1 channel to each sub if it gets a little warm thats normal after 15-30 mins.. gain set to high?, gain should never be higher than 1/2 way up bass boost off or very very low., if subs are single vc 4 or 5 ohm u need mono amp thats 2 ohm stable,, if they dvc subs each vc showing 5 ohm its probably 4ohm dvc just reads high wire each 1 to 2 ohm (or 2.5 whatever) then run amp 2 ohm stereo 1 channel per sub u will get more power that way again every amp should be 2 ohm stereo stable (not 2 ohm bridged)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.