1600 watt amp

Bradda_dan

Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Jun 23, 2017
Kapolei, Hi
I have a 1600 wat amp from audio solutions. I have it wired to my two 12"s and the guy never told me how much it can handle or the ohm load or anything. And i canʻt find specs anywhere. My amp is running hot off the two subs so i unhooked one and now itʻs running at 5ohms. But still hot. I have nonodea whatʻs the issue. Itʻs not bridged or anything. Only a 2 channel amp. "As2.800" is the name and the brand is audio solutions. Any ideas or tips would be nice. Thanks from hawaii!

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
Rating - 100% 
2   0   0
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Never heard of the brand either....gotta be some knock off or something and doubt very much it is 1600 watts.

Could be a number of reasons why it runs hot: enadequite power/ground wire running to it, real low impedance final ohm load, which the amp may not handle, etc.

Need more info and pics if you can.

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Jan 8, 2017
NC
I have a 1600 wat amp from audio solutions. I have it wired to my two 12"s and the guy never told me how much it can handle or the ohm load or anything. And i canʻt find specs anywhere. My amp is running hot off the two subs so i unhooked one and now itʻs running at 5ohms. But still hot. I have nonodea whatʻs the issue. Itʻs not bridged or anything. Only a 2 channel amp. "As2.800" is the name and the brand is audio solutions. Any ideas or tips would be nice. Thanks from hawaii!
any 2 channel should be able to run in stereo so just run 1 channel to each sub if it gets a little warm thats normal after 15-30 mins.. gain set to high?, gain should never be higher than 1/2 way up bass boost off or very very low., if subs are single vc 4 or 5 ohm u need mono amp thats 2 ohm stable,, if they dvc subs each vc showing 5 ohm its probably 4ohm dvc just reads high wire each 1 to 2 ohm (or 2.5 whatever) then run amp 2 ohm stereo 1 channel per sub u will get more power that way again every amp should be 2 ohm stereo stable (not 2 ohm bridged)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds