150db playing music on 2400rms DAILY.....

no, i understand that... but if its just a local comp, do they adopt any dbdrag/iasca rules?? thats what i'm trying to figure out... cuz the rules of the competition can really mean the difference between the 140's and 150, u kno

yea good point. its called fcbc the classes go by total cone area. i compete in a class above my actual cone area just for the challenge.

there are 3 runs 3 diff mic places in ur vehicle. floor/window/seat. and its the ave between the places gives your score. its playing music

you have to a cont bass line. the meter averages every second of the each run so you have to have good voltage.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

i know its the hardest place to do it. but im trying to do it in my seat

ok, honest opinion... its goin to be tough... if they were doing one metered location, then it might be a lil bit easier, but if they take the average of all three meters, its going to be tough. not saying its impossibe... but to keep a consistent 150 under those conditions... not easy. just remember, every car is different... so ish like box placement, and even the incline of your seats can affect your SPL...

also, if you get stuck at like 149, and just cant get that 150... look at the SMD DD-1... not nuthugging that piece or anything, but there have already been a few tests done, where the original system had been set properly with an o-scope, and they still gain a db... every lil thing helps. and if you just HAVE to get up to 150... just build yourself a 60 hz burp box, lol

yea i know it will be tough. in most cases if you can do a 150 in ur seat then u can anywere else in ur vehicle. the scores always come out that way floor is highest/window is in the mid/ and seat is te lowest.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

thats the same meter

Usually when this is the goal, if it is met, musicality suffers. Is it possible? Sure. But your passband will be narrow, you will have a huge spike in output at/near where you measure db's, or its probably not going to happen. When is the last time you saw someone with a daily system that could hit 150db anywhere from 80hz to 20hz? Rarely, and it wasn't with a single sub and 2400 watts.

Having a system that measures 150db, at a certain freq, while playing music, doesn't make it a musically oriented, or even good sounding, system. So you want to have your cake, or do you want to eat your cake? Simple physics, and the limitations of modern human technology, tell us you have to chose one or the other.

Usually when this is the goal, if it is met, musicality suffers. Is it possible? Sure. But your passband will be narrow, you will have a huge spike in output at/near where you measure db's, or its probably not going to happen. When is the last time you saw someone with a daily system that could hit 150db anywhere from 80hz to 20hz? Rarely, and it wasn't with a single sub and 2400 watts.
Having a system that measures 150db, at a certain freq, while playing music, doesn't make it a musically oriented, or even good sounding, system. So you want to have your cake, or do you want to eat your cake? Simple physics, and the limitations of modern human technology, tell us you have to chose one or the other.

uhhhhhh. the last time i seen it was last weeknd at a comp. 150.2 average. single fi btl

floor 15secs/ window 30secs/ seat 45secs. and all three are done 1 after another. so u do floor, then, window, then seat

i think what audio is trying to say, is that it is easily possible to make 150 with a single sub... but thats most likely going to be in a burp box, thats not intended for daily use, you know... making a 150+ daily is pretty dificult, cuz for a daily, you dont want it to sound like ish.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

floor 15secs/ window 30secs/ seat 45secs. and all three are done 1 after another. so u do floor, then, window, then seat
hmmm... that flow kinda *****... gives your sub time to warm up before doing the most difficult location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.