is it bad to underpower sub

yes i mean 2500rms 18in sub lol my amps getting fixed and i have a kicker zx100 amp yes 100 not 1000 laying around and figure i have some bass cause i cant take driving with no bass lol

It's absolutely horribad to do that!!! You better crank all the gains and run at full volume all day, or else you will blow your sub right through the window, and have little pieces of coil melting in your ear.

BTW, whoever told you that drivel should be put against a wall and shot in the face with a turdcannon. What do you think happens when you have your volume turned very low? You think that your 2.5 kwatt amp is actually pushing 2.5kwatts at that moment?

dc level 4 xl 18 lmfao my aq2200d is in for repair and i have this little kicker amp laying around and i need some sort of bass im having bass withdraw right now lmfao

It's the people who put tiny amps on large subs and then proceed to crank the gain/boost to get it to compensate for low power. That is probably why the rumor started about "underpowering" a sub. You can give it any small amount of power and it will be perfectly fine, just don't expect output to be great.

is half way up on the gains cranking it up? nob bass boost and no bass boost on deck
no.
what amp is it?
This question and answer are why people say a gain knob is not a volume knob. Half volume on your h/u is safe, so half way up on your gain must be safe too, right? Wrong. 'Half way up' may quite possibly be too high of a gain setting, depending on his input signal strength.

Oh gawd I'm so bored I'm trolling.....seriously if you have a DMM match your voltages at the amp, if not just do by ear, turn deck to 2/3-3/4 volume with gain on 0 very slowly increase the gain till it just starts to sound distored/clipped then back off the gain a little bit and leaver there.

Oh and whatever volume u were on is now ur max clean, if u wanna get loud and dont care turn it up a bit and it'll be clipping (not good for ur equipment), and full volume should be outright dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.