150db playing music on 2400rms DAILY.....

uhhhhhh. the last time i seen it was last weeknd at a comp. 150.2 average. single fi btl
Average db over time, @ one frequency. Not an average of all frequencies played. But if you've seen that and have decided that is your goal, more power to you.

right now its just stock alt 4ga and 150amp anl. but im about to add bigger power & ground wire.also a opt yellow top and second batt as well.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Average db over time, @ one frequency. Not an average of all frequencies played. But if you've seen that and have decided that is your goal, more power to you.
who is doing a 50 at every freq?

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

nevermind i get what your sayng

I could name a few people...lol
With a single sub and 2400 watts? I said in my first reply that its possible, its just not very likely. If he's looking for an arbitrary and relatively high SPL number, the most likely scenario is what I described, a peaky response or a narrowed passband.

And remember even an avg of freqs doesn't necessarily mean linearity. 140db at 20hz and 160db at 80hz. I dont know of any competition that measures that way anyway. But like I said above, the OP has been around a system that has reached the goal he wants, so me splitting hairs about how it will sound is moot. He's seen what he wants, that's all that matters. Im not trying to down his idea, I just wanted to make sure he understood what he was getting into.

You need to step up your electrical, every bit helps. You need to have your enclosure peaking at the vehicles resonate frequency. Which should be in the high 50s. It needs to be absolutely efficient as ****. Almost no rise. Id recone to dual 1. And start testing. You might pull a 50 on music, if anything at least burp a 50.xx

[video=youtube;HrpqxhgTI-A]
the original statement by audioholic was pertaining to a single sub and 2400 watts...something i doubt will ever happen in the history of peoples and times and spaces and shits

I love single setup builds. It's an easy way to take out all the variables and I think it's easier/cheaper to constantly rebuild and learn what works with a box design and what doesnt.

2 years ago I was playing with a single 12" American Bass HD on about 2500 watts in my grand am. I went through like 7 different boxes that year, best I did was high 146's

Last year I was using a single 15" warden in a hatch build of my Escape on 7K and did a 151.3

All I'm going to say is "good luck" it may be possible on that power, but you might as well tune to 70hz now, lol

Just for reference sake, my buddy( I wont name him unless he wants to speak up), had 2 IA DP 15's, with 2 rd d9 @ .7 or .35 ea-cant remember which-, 3 xs power batts, 300 amp alty, ford escape, dual 0 guage runs , no wall , and wasnt able to break 150. I believe his best was a 148.9 dbdrag style- 30 sec avg with "music"in other words it was a song with just 1 long bass note in it ( 42hz I believe). That was a daily system, tuned to 38-42 hz somewhere in there. Point is, with twice the cone area, and 3x the power, he couldnt do it on a daily system, I dont expect you will. Maybe a burp tuned high, but with your setup if you can do a 146 dbdrag style, then you would be doing good I think.

Edit: he was able to break 150 on a burp I think, but that doesnt really count, I mean who listens to burps on their system anyway right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.