1250 rms WOLFRAM 15" PREORDER $199 may be $499 later? 12's are $189

SSD NEO 12 | Fi Car Audio id take hte leap. this woofer is uber ****** for the money.
FS of 39hz seems a bit high for a 12. My Audiomobile MASS

12's have an FS of 22hz....I like subs that are comfortable digging deep. The Sundown SD line-up has some good specs in that regard as well. I've always been told that for ported alignments you should tune just above FS....seems a lot of these subs are leaving a good deal of low-end offf the table. Though I guess for SPL the target range is in the 40hz-50hz range(?).

FS of 39hz seems a bit high for a 12. My Audiomobile MASS12's have an FS of 22hz....I like subs that are comfortable digging deep. The Sundown SD line-up has some good specs in that regard as well. I've always been told that for ported alignments you should tune just above FS....seems a lot of these subs are leaving a good deal of low-end offf the table. Though I guess for SPL the target range is in the 40hz-50hz range(?).
you want the proper dampening for the intended alignment. that's the stiff spiders and after break-in realistically its about 34-35hz. The are output based drivers that take advantage of larger alignments to give you a higher system efficiency. that little booger will get you mid 140s with 2500 done right!

FS really isn't something i often say i'm going to build around. if I'm building a sealed box driver i want the LEAST mechanical resistance and the highest possible stroke.its pointless to have a FS of 22 when you have a 15mm xmax unless you only have 5 or 600 watts. What i mean is there is no "target" FS.

for example my current driver has a FS of 32 with a QES of .65. it has no problems dropping to 25 with authority rivaled by few drivers. model it up and see what i mean. then again this woofer is specifically designed to have a specific mechanical resistance as well and stiffness to provide proper dampening on the driver as it moves away from FB. This is because the port is no longer loading hte diphram and the sound waves are shifting phase and staring to want to cancel and loose compliance..

everyone who hears my driver says the same things. drops low like a 15 and hits "quick like a 10" hehe

This is why pre-break in specs have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, FS isnt all that useful in determining how low something will play.

My current subs had an FS of 47, and hammer lows

This is why pre-break in specs have to be taken with a grain of salt.
Also, FS isnt all that useful in determining how low something will play.

My current subs had an FS of 47, and hammer lows
3 things you can't fake..

MMS

BL

RMS

LE

RE

these parameters tell you motor strength, inductance, mass to motor strength ratios and how much mechanical resistance the suspension provides. the QES and RMS tell alot about box size right off the bat..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.