1250 rms WOLFRAM 15" PREORDER $199 may be $499 later? 12's are $189

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
i know couple others here know about these and have already ordered them idk if theres a reason they did post thread or not but man these thing look awesome.. THEY look like some other subs in ways but good ways bl on 12 is 29................ mms is high so needs more power than i got but looks like pretty big surround and magnets.. thought someone else my know about them or want 6 of them., won't be in until after febuary probably.. https://www.wolframaudio.com/collections/silver-1-250-rms/products/ag-15?variant=34541252803

Last edited by a moderator:
i know couple others here know about these and have already ordered them idk if theres a reason they did post thread or not but man these thing look awesome.. THEY look like some other subs in ways but good ways bl on 12 is 29 mms is high so needs more power than i got but looks like pretty big surround and magnets.. thought someone else my know about them or want 6 of them., won't be in until after febuary probably.. https://www.wolframaudio.com/collections/silver-1-250-rms/products/ag-15?variant=34541252803
Ummm...

Bl - The product of magnet field strength in the voice coil gap and the length of wire in the magnetic field, in tesla-metres (T·m).

Not mesured in mm's (that would be xmax...NOT to be confused with MMS )...You seem to have NO idea what you're talking about. Now I see why so many people give you so much $hit on this forum. What's more is that it's not the static Bl measurement that counts it's the linearity of that Bl 'curve' over the usable excursion range.

There is a lot of free information out there...You should do a little reading.

These subs look pretty un-remarkable to me...it's not difficult to slap some parts together and make air move...but there is MUCH MUCH more that goes into designing a speaker than just cool looking moving parts.

Xmax has NOTHING to do with power...it's simply a measurement of the subwoofer motors ability to stay linear. It's usually specified at 70% of the resting Bl of the motor. After that the coil/cone exhibit non-linear behavior and usually is accompanied by a steep increase in distortion...that's why manufacturers suggest to NOT push subs past their rated xmax...the suspension will allow for more travel but at a serious cost to sound quality (point of diminishing returns).

i know couple others here know about these and have already ordered them idk if theres a reason they did post thread or not but man these thing look awesome.. THEY look like some other subs in ways but good ways bl on 12 is 29 mms is high so needs more power than i got but looks like pretty big surround and magnets.. thought someone else my know about them or want 6 of them., won't be in until after febuary probably.. https://www.wolframaudio.com/collections/silver-1-250-rms/products/ag-15?variant=34541252803
if they had an 18 id buy it.. lol

Ummm...
Bl - The product of magnet field strength in the voice coil gap and the length of wire in the magnetic field, in tesla-metres (T·m).

Not mesured in mm's (that would be xmax...NOT to be confused with MMS )...You seem to have NO idea what you're talking about. Now I see why so many people give you so much $hit on this forum. What's more is that it's not the static Bl measurement that counts it's the linearity of that Bl 'curve' over the usable excursion range.

These subs look pretty un-remarkable to me...it's not difficult to slap some parts together and make air move...but there is MUCH MUCH more that goes into designing a speaker than just cool looking moving parts.

Xmax has NOTHING to do with power...it's simply a measurement of the subwoofer motors ability to stay linear. It's usually specified at 70% of the resting Bl of the motor. After that the coil/cone exhibit non-linear behavior and usually is accompanied by a steep increase in distortion...that's why manufacturers suggest to NOT push subs past their rated xmax...the suspension will allow for more travel but at a serious cost to sound quality (point of diminishing returns).
ok i added a period after bl is 29.... mms is high is that better for u? .. dude just thought peeps may like sub that big for $199.. i told guy i've seen thousand subs and they mostly all have 1 of 4 baskets now only diff between good and bad is motor and build quality and if they loud and if they last.. but i guess this is y they didn't post it.. just thought looked like a deal..

Ummm...

how you like those frogs?

Everybody claim that I just slap some parts together too but I had a design and design goes I was trying to meet and I absolutely love the Subwoofer everybody who hears it says it's the best driver they ever heard so don't cut them short just yet.

Low-power compression low inductance Highly linear BL curve. only thing i need is a composite cone to bring the mass down to get the efficiency up..

how you like those frogs?
Overall I'm very pleased. The GB25's are absolutely incredible...they play smooth down to about 250hz with TINY enclosures. The tweets are pretty good as well...I like my Morel Supremo Piccolos better...but that's kinda apples and oranges. The GS690's are really nice...great displacement, efficient, and easily fit factory locations. Of all the different products I've used AF products seem to require the least tuning...which is to say they sound better than most stuff 'right out of the box'.

My only complaints would be price...they ain't cheap...and some of their stuff has QC issues...but that's more of an issue with the build house rather than design. AF make some really well designed products and is specifically designed with SQ in mind. The creator/owner of AF (Andy Weymer) is the former global product manger for Harmon's mobile division and is a well of technical info...and he's pretty readily available for customer and tech support. He also has a pretty good presence on DIYMA for folks to access. One nice touch about his products is that not only do they sound good, but they look classy as well...simple clean appearance without flashy logo's and extra cosmetic BS.

If one has the $$ they should definitely be on the short list of equipment to consider...at least for SQ.

Overall I'm very pleased. The GB25's are absolutely incredible...they play smooth down to about 250hz with TINY enclosures. The tweets are pretty good as well...I like my Morel Supremo Piccolos better...but that's kinda apples and oranges. The GS690's are really nice...great displacement, efficient, and easily fit factory locations. Of all the different products I've used AF products seem to require the least tuning...which is to say they sound better than most stuff 'right out of the box'.
My only complaints would be price...they ain't cheap...and some of their stuff has QC issues...but that's more of an issue with the build house rather than design. AF make some really well designed products and is specifically designed with SQ in mind. The creator/owner of AF (Andy Weymer) is the former global product manger for Harmon's mobile division and is a well of technical info...and he's pretty readily available for customer and tech support. He also has a pretty good presence on DIYMA for folks to access. One nice touch about his products is that not only do they sound good, but they look classy as well...simple clean appearance without flashy logo's and extra cosmetic BS.

If one has the $$ they should definitely be on the short list of equipment to consider...at least for SQ.
thats what i try to build my drivers around. simply as flay as i can get them. lets face it a good 1w1m spec is useless over a wide bandwidth. I still stand by my mids just wish the build house would do a natural pulp cone.

i have some awesome *** ceramics if you want to try some out. they don't sound anything like metallic tweeters. if they could get abit lower id use them over the soft domes if i do get the mids installed ill run the ceramics. they are very nice. the GBs are very interesting. i might grab the mid but i really like the CDT ES 03s.

thats what i try to build my drivers around. simply as flay as i can get them. lets face it a good 1w1m spec is useless over a wide bandwidth. I still stand by my mids just wish the build house would do a natural pulp cone.
i have some awesome *** ceramics if you want to try some out. they don't sound anything like metallic tweeters. if they could get abit lower id use them over the soft domes if i do get the mids installed ill run the ceramics. they are very nice. the GBs are very interesting. i might grab the mid but i really like the CDT ES 03s.
I've never liked metal dome tweets...always seemed to bright/harsh. I do like the Scan ring radiator designs with the metal waveguide though...Alpine had variants of those in their older F1 Status line (basically rebadged Revelators) and also used in the SPX Pro speakers(small format).

The Supremo Piccolos are still my favorite though...though they don't really seem to like much below 2.5k...but the details are amazing.

I've never liked metal dome tweets...always seemed to bright/harsh. I do like the Scan ring radiator designs with the metal waveguide though...Alpine had variants of those in their older F1 Status line (basically rebadged Revelators) and also used in the SPX Pro speakers(small format).
The Supremo Piccolos are still my favorite though...though they don't really seem to like much below 2.5k...but the details are amazing.
if you want to try my ceramics il send them over..

if you want to try my ceramics il send them over..
Unfortunately I don't really have the $$ to buy more audio...as it is I have more stuff than I know what to do with.

My install utilizes the GB2510c crossovers between the tweets and mids so I'm not sure how well they would match with your tweets.

I am interested in your designs though...do have any links to info?

Unfortunately I don't really have the $$ to buy more audio...as it is I have more stuff than I know what to do with.
My install utilizes the GB2510c crossovers between the tweets and mids so I'm not sure how well they would match with your tweets.

I am interested in your designs though...do have any links to info?
besides my site. not really. you can ask me directly though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

fyi ill send them free for you to give feed back. ill cover shipping both ways.

Nstaln beat me to it.
Yet another inefficient high powered sub thrown together off the parts bin with gramps flappin his gums about something he knows and understands nothing about.
Holy $hit...Funky Pups!

THE subwoofer in which all subs should aspire to be!

LOL...nice!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.