$1200 setup not sounding as good as $600

Op get rid of that daamn cap and have a box built around your cars cabin gain... Will be the best money you've ever spent and it will sound fantastic

BMW has a sealed trunk so I wouldn't expect much unless you cut the middle ski pass out. Bottom line you need to get more bass into the cabin. I had a 7 series prior too and experienced the same thing.

I cringed when I read you were using capacitor, max gain, max bass boost, and prefab box. Please do some more research on the site, you'll get guided in the right direction. First things first though, properly set that amp.

This thread is full of bad advice from people who didn't even read OP's story.

First if you broke one of those subs off a 1500W amp to the pair you're definitely clipping them hard. Really that's quite an accomplishment to break a 3" coil on 800W... you should be proud!

Next, if they sounded good and you replaced one and you have almost no output even with cones moving, you hooked one up reverse polarity.

Finally if the box is buzzing unless you press on it it has a broken seem. I'd say you could probably repair it, but it may or may not be worth the bottle of glue and handfull of screws.

The point being if OP was happy with the sound until he blew a woofer than he really doesn't need anything but to hook it up properly, figure out how to not break woofers from gross abuse, and repair or replace that box.

This thread is full of bad advice from people who didn't even read OP's story.
First if you broke one of those subs off a 1500W amp to the pair you're definitely clipping them hard. Really that's quite an accomplishment to break a 3" coil on 800W... you should be proud!

Next, if they sounded good and you replaced one and you have almost no output even with cones moving, you hooked one up reverse polarity.

Finally if the box is buzzing unless you press on it it has a broken seem. I'd say you could probably repair it, but it may or may not be worth the bottle of glue and handfull of screws.

The point being if OP was happy with the sound until he blew a woofer than he really doesn't need anything but to hook it up properly, figure out how to not break woofers from gross abuse, and repair or replace that box.
^^^^^Thank You!!!! Seems like no one every pays any attention to what was actually posted. You clipped the HELL out of those subs and amp. First of like was stated above, get those gains properly set and the polarity correct. I would def get a box built to spec, do away with the cap(waste of money) and the only other really good suggestion I saw here was to cut out the ski hole, this will make a huge difference. Bimmer's are sealed up pretty good, someone also mentioned the big 3 and this would be a good ideal in most other cars but I'm not really sure how much good it will do you in your E46 cause it may already be done from the factory, my E39 has 0ga from the factory so you may want to check.

I set the pa880 on max not the zx1500 i set the zx on halfs at 70hz and blew a elite the polks surived the zx1500 at halfs and banged hard! Why cant these only difference is the boxes.

No ski pass not even folding seats :x my polks hit hard you may think im crazy but compared to now. I paid 600 for amp with 3 year free replacement and 300 ea a sub with the same. No hassle just blow it and return it.

Tried to get a l7 15... Wouldnt fit to save that poor techs life.

Edit drivers side moves way more than passanger but its pushing the top corner of the box up and letting air out, which is the rattle

Is the passanger hooked up wrong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.