Amp for my cdt tweets???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garcia915
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently installed my new set of cdt cl 42 comps and my tweeters started cutting out when I would barely turn it up. I fixed the problem by running the mids active of my ppi p600.2. im running tw-25s tweets off of h/u power using the cdt ex 540. It sounds amazing even though my mids are only 4" any ways when I turn it really high the tweets don't sound as crisp as they should and I think it's cuz the sh!tty h/u power it's running off so I'm looking for a small amp that could feed them some clean power. I can't find power ratings on the tw-25s' so what amp would be good to power em? Also I found a used us amps USA100 on here that think would work good except it has no crossover so I should be safe using the passive crossovers right? If not what would y'all recomend? Budget $100ish

depends n the power of the amp ,i believe the tw 25 tweets are 25-35 rms ,but dont quote on it .call ken n monday at cdt he can tell you
The us usa100 is 50watts rms x2 at 4 ohms with no crossover so I can just run em off my passive crossovers,I've heard passive xovers use up more power so will this amp work or what would you recomend???

The us usa100 is 50watts rms x2 at 4 ohms with no crossover so I can just run em off my passive crossovers,I've heard passive xovers use up more power so will this amp work or what would you recomend???
yea should work

i agree that amp will work well. i'd say to get an active crossover and ditch the passive, but the passive is fool-proof.
I'm new to running active so what crossover would you recommend that's good for the money and what's a good starting point to set the crossover at? The frequency response is 1500hz-20,000hz. Do I start at 1500hz and go up or start at 20,000hz and go down till I achieve the sound I want.

keep the passive crossovers for now. use the crossover point that CDT recommends.

if you run the tweeters active in the future, you need to be very careful that you don't give the tweeters too low of a signal. start at the frequency CDT recommends and go UP from there. 3kHz and up is a good place to be. If you went lower than 3kHz you'd want a 24dB/oct slope and not the more common 12dB/oct slope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.