$1200 setup not sounding as good as $600

kingbmw

I had 2 12in polk DBs and a PA 880 for over a year full bass boost max gain never had a single problem sounded amazing.

I wanted to buy some heart stoppers so I got a zx1500.1 and 2 phoenix gold elite12ds rated at 1600rms peak 3000

I blew the driver side sub first in a day and had it replaced for free. Right before it went it was literately taking my breath away and moving my hair. They were ones off the show room floor so they didn't really need to much breaking in. I had it on half gain and half bass boost I understand bass boost is bad. But these things can take a beating... well at least I thought.

Im using a line converter from rear Harmon/Kardon subs that came stock with my bmw my battery is fine and my alternator is 120amps no dimming and my capacitor seems to read ok.

I right now have the gain at half or maybe a little more no bassboost at 70-80hz and they feel so week but they move and wobble when I watch them. Just sound weak in the car.

Any help!?

One with 2 middle chambers one for each my old one had just one long one. In my gallery is a picture of the box I don't have enough post to upload a picture yet.

speaker_setups.jpg

Bottom half is what im running now, I have 2 this picture was taken when one was out.

Biggest think is to reAd a lot on how to tune your gain with the line output converter. Almost never should the gain be maxed out, my guess is the level is too low on the LOC and that's why you didn't blow the last set up. Also with this set up ate you running at least 4 gauge to the amp? Also have you done the big 3? Betting even if you don't see it your getting drop which us hurting alot of things.

Yes 4 gague is being ran I almost never drop below 12 on the CAP, amp never goes into protection and they move a lot hers a video of just one SUB moving at half bassboost and half gain at 50hz

Then heres the video of my old ones from in the car.

I'm pushing double my old subs and it seems like I downgraded lol

Well E46 with nav and harmon/Kardon leave you zero space for subs in the trunk oh and the seats don't fold down... apparently that was a option.... the box they would have came with was rhino lined but didn't fit by a long shot.

Yes 4 gague is being ran I almost never drop below 12 on the CAP, amp never goes into protection and they move a lot hers a video of just one SUB moving at half bassboost and half gain at 50hz

Then heres the video of my old ones from in the car.

I'm pushing double my old subs and it seems like I downgraded lol
The enclosure is more important than your subs or your amp. Put them in a nice enclosure that is properly designed and I guarantee it will be a night and day difference.

Will do, hard thing is there really is no box made for my trunk you think maybe there could be a air leak in the box? Ive tried pressing down on it cause it almost sounds if the box rattles and when I push down its no rattles and alot boomier.

Will do, hard thing is there really is no box made for my trunk you think maybe there could be a air leak in the box? Ive tried pressing down on it cause it almost sounds if the box rattles and when I push down its no rattles and alot boomier.
thats why you make a custom one built to spec for the subs your using, or get someone else to make one. have you done any sound deadening either?

You need an enclosure with more port area that is designed to work with those woofers. Plain and simple that box *****. You need a custom enclosure, not a pre made one.

You need an enclosure with more port area that is designed to work with those woofers. Plain and simple that box *****. You need a custom enclosure, not a pre made one.
Should I use my bassworxs one from my polks?

heres the specs of it

WBP212 Dual 12″ ported 32.75″ 14.25″ 15″ 2.46cf 36hz

Should I use my bassworxs one from my polks?
heres the specs of it

WBP212 Dual 12″ ported 32.75″ 14.25″ 15″ 2.46cf 36hz
No invest in a proper custom enclosure. It will be the best ~200 you will ever spend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.