12 inch sub 2400 watts

since FS is such an important parameter for a sub.....
OP you can also look at a IA death penalty although you're going to be largely limited by your box size. Unless you're dead set on buying new I would see if you can get in touch with a reputable sub builder or a company willing to customize subs and see if they can accommodate your needs. Sundown or Psi may be a good start if you are looking for new.
the sub naturally player lower. wethier it be a higher MMS or a softer spider pack the driver will naturally have a lower F3.. most woofers thatare designed for ported boxes typically have stiffer spiders. anyway lower QE lower fs woofers will will peaky alittle lower and have a lower F3. unless he listens to just rock id do something with a lower QE/FS 

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

since FS is such an important parameter for a sub.....
OP you can also look at a IA death penalty although you're going to be largely limited by your box size. Unless you're dead set on buying new I would see if you can get in touch with a reputable sub builder or a company willing to customize subs and see if they can accommodate your needs. Sundown or Psi may be a good start if you are looking for new.
Money he only has 7" depth! thats the kicker..

I experienced the same issues even with soft suspension
man the original FI Qs where nice. i don't know what they changed but its a shame.. i read up on them nasty inductive distortion. wonder how the lower QE woofer with the inductance ring works intstead of the higher Q

the sub naturally player lower. wethier it be a higher MMS or a softer spider pack the driver will naturally have a lower F3.. most woofers thatare designed for ported boxes typically have stiffer spiders. anyway lower QE lower fs woofers will will peaky alittle lower and have a lower F3. unless he listens to just rock id do something with a lower QE/FS 

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Money he only has 7" depth! thats the kicker..
That may be so, but you have to remember the sub interacts with the box. That's just a terrible justification to suggest or put down drivers. For example with his box size I would be willing to be a 10" would be more optimal in the lowend even though it would likely have a higher FS than the same model 12. discussing QTS and his enclosure would be a better metric imo.

**** you're right. completely missed that I blame reading papers all day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif That's going to be rough to find a driver with that mounting depth to handle 2400W (depending on his music habits of course)

10 inch don't have the same efficiency I bet you if he slaps any tc sounds driver on tbere it will JAM.

The trend lately though that has been that after breakin that published fs had about 5 hz higher.. at least on the FR Wolfe of Honor duties like that too let's start out in about 40-45 and dropped in the mid-to-low thirties. It's amazing to see that these companies often miss publish specs on when for 99 bucks you can get a Dayton and of other and it's actually very accurate shake my head

The dcsoundlab XL for might work but it seems to have fs but I'm taking it or drop it off quite a bit have to break in too beautiful for something seven inches that can handle that power

i Personally think the havoc 12 is a better option. its 7" and has a much longer coil which will dissipate the power alittle better..

it has a higher FS but thy drop abit after break in. closer to 29 and the QE is low enough to use in that box.

I really need a 12 not a 10 I have already had the box built big as possible for the vehicle utilizing all the space removing my spare tire and the man who built it had to build it into the vehicle it's a very nice box and already has a cutout for a 12 inch sub and he made it as deep as possible is there really no sub that can take that power at 7 inches deep also would contacting sundown or psi about a custom sub be worth it see if they can build one like I need I see a lot of you don't like fi q I'm not a huge fan f it either..... I know none of the zv4 or zv3 or x will fit due to depth and I looked at the havoc didn't see a depth for it though.....

I don't see a better option than the DC XL. It's 7 inchs deep, has the rms rating and coil size to handle the power, is designed so that it works well in smaller than typical enclosures, and Rusty Flowers and the other guys at DC are super easy to get a hold of. They have a large social media presence and some pretty reputable dealers as far as I can tell. That has to count for something.

I don't see a better option than the DC XL. It's 7 inchs deep, has the rms rating and coil size to handle the power, is designed so that it works well in smaller than typical enclosures, and Rusty Flowers and the other guys at DC are super easy to get a hold of. They have a large social media presence and some pretty reputable dealers as far as I can tell. That has to count for something.
There's a reason they only work in small boxes. The soft parts are junk. I ran them for 2 seasons. Constant failures

There's a reason they only work in small boxes. The soft parts are junk. I ran them for 2 seasons. Constant failures
hear the same thing through the grape vine but honesly i take it with a grain of salt as that is the weak point of EVERY woofer. ive had problems with atomic spider ripping as well. i think its more so a lack of consistency because i've hard some hold up well beyond others. happend when i had my 4 RD audio alpha 15s on the 4 1750s. one looked like it was impregnated unevenly and was noticablly softer after break in.. it would bottom while the others never came close..

drivers side top woofer. easy fix though. man that ****** was loud on music..

hear the same thing through the grape vine but honesly i take it with a grain of salt as that is the weak point of EVERY woofer. ive had problems with atomic spider ripping as well. i think its more so a lack of consistency because i've hard some hold up well beyond others. happend when i had my 4 RD audio alpha 15s on the 4 1750s. one looked like it was impregnated unevenly and was noticablly softer after break in.. it would bottom while the others never came close..

Looks like a 149.76db if you ask me... Meh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.