12 inch sub 2400 watts

Drumbc

Alright so im currently running a sa 12 and its reaching its mechanical and thermal limits on about 1800 I'm wanted something that can run on 2k daily on music without me worrying like I do now I'm limited on space 1.75 cube box tuned to 34 with 6.5 inch depth for the sub would be best but I might can go 7 but I doubt it I've done research I've looked at the icon but still a little skeptical if it will take 2000-2400 daily without worry it does look beefy and underrated though what are you guys thoughts what sub will take the power and get louder than my sa on minimal space....... I tried fitting a x12 but it just won't work as I don't have the depth for it, by the way this is in a 350z

FI Q sounds like old grandpa farts to me. Tried in sealed and ported yuck. Even a Shok industries triton sounded better and got louder in all accounts
**** what did they change? friend had one back in the day it sounded like the old Brahma! which version you had money?

I owned the newer Fi Q fully loaded for about a year and I ended up selling it bc it wasn't as musical as I thought. This sub likes to be tuned low and when you do, you lose alot of upper bass. Perfect for strictly decaf or music with alot of low lows. Needs alot of power to get moving and it gets kinda sloppy at times with normal music. It does well in a small range and gets loud doing it. I mean it didn't sound bad, it just doesn't blend in well. Maybe it's bc of the super stiff suspension from it being fully loaded. That could be part of it but it's more SPL than SQ imo even tho people say its an SQ sub. I also tried higher tuning, tried sealed, just wasn't for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned the newer Fi Q fully loaded for about a year and I ended up selling it bc it wasn't as musical as I thought. This sub likes to be tuned low and when you do, you lose alot of upper bass. Perfect for strictly decaf or music with alot of low lows. Needs alot of power to get moving and it gets kinda sloppy at times with normal music. It does well in a small range and gets loud doing it. I mean it didn't sound bad, it just doesn't blend in well. Maybe it's bc of the super stiff suspension from it being fully loaded. That could be part of it but it's more SPL than SQ imo even tho people say its an SQ sub. I also tried higher tuning, tried sealed, just wasn't for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I experienced the same issues even with soft suspension

Lmao yea the only woofer in the world ^. Load of crap. As it may be a nice option, deff not the only woofer
i never said in the world. most of them ESP when you consider mounting depth. the SD z3 has a very high FS i wouldn't use it in anything below 2 cubes..

the DC woofer would do nicely other than that they dont have many woofers that handle 2k RMS under 7"..

DC driver are just undermotored IMO. each to his own

i never said in the world. most of them ESP when you consider mounting depth. the SD z3 has a very high FS i wouldn't use it in anything below 2 cubes..the DC woofer would do nicely other than that they dont have many woofers that handle 2k RMS under 7"..

DC driver are just undermotored IMO. each to his own
since FS is such an important parameter for a sub.....

OP you can also look at a IA death penalty although you're going to be largely limited by your box size. Unless you're dead set on buying new I would see if you can get in touch with a reputable sub builder or a company willing to customize subs and see if they can accommodate your needs. Sundown or Psi may be a good start if you are looking for new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.