12 inch sub 2400 watts

Not a huge fan of dc mainly cause what I've heard never personally used a Dc heard a lot online about them tho and had a buddy who ran 4 and said he hated it many failures, it does fit exactly what I'm in search for the power wise and size wise but I'm skeptica with all the problems I've seen is there not another more reputable company that sells a sub that can take that power and fit in my space

Yea I would like to stay away from school leaning more towards ssa or sundown maybe incriminator or a brand that is gonna be real reliable with good customer service

I would go x-con in a heartbeat it just won't fit..... But icon will not sure if there's much to be gained over a sa tho

Looks like a 149.76db if you ask me... Meh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
thats was with 2 1750s. i went out to Georgia to get my amps(day before the show) and he only had 2. i was pissed. again it was tuned to be flat and sound great. not exaggerated bottom end of a burp box.. if i wanted to get a boosted FR i would have done 3 of a pair of 3250s.

BTW the mic here and in say minnisotta around around 1-2db different.. humidity temp barametric pressure. so that 157 more like 155 and more than double my power and about 1/3 more cone area. hummm not to mention i spend about 3k on it AND built it myself.. lol

just in case you try to call my bluff this is stricly the himidity and temp on a average LA day to a "spring day" in sota..
@massivespl

[quote name='papermaker']BTW the mic here and in say minnisotta around around 1-2db different.. humidity temp barametric pressure. so that 157 more like 155 and more than double my power and about 1/3 more cone area. hummm not to mention i spend about 3k on it AND built it myself.. lol

just in case you try to call my bluff this is stricly the himidity and temp on a average LA day to a "spring day" in sota..
@massivespl[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say in another thread somewhere a dB is a dB when comparing different mics?

OP I would definitely give a call to any of the smaller companies (PSI, Sundown, IA, and Fi (possibly contact a DD dealer as well)) See which ones are willing/able to work with you in tweaking a driver for your application. You're airspace is really not ideal for most 12s. If not you can pick up a couple different 3" coil options that have been suggested. That should at least help you out thermally.

Didn't you say in another thread somewhere a dB is a dB when comparing different mics?
OP I would definitely give a call to any of the smaller companies (PSI, Sundown, IA, and Fi (possibly contact a DD dealer as well)) See which ones are willing/able to work with you in tweaking a driver for your application. You're airspace is really not ideal for most 12s. If not you can pick up a couple different 3" coil options that have been suggested. That should at least help you out thermally.
YES is I did. the validity is clear here, i'm comparing atmospheric difference not sensor differences. try again.. nice though..

YES is I did. the validity is clear here, i'm comparing atmospheric difference not sensor differences. try again.. nice though..
Since all sensors are all made exactly the same and are calibrated to the same levels. I'm pretty sure you were defending the validity of comparing AC scores vs TL scores.....

Since all sensors are all made exactly the same and are calibrated to the same levels. I'm pretty sure you were defending the validity of comparing AC scores vs TL scores.....
they can easily be calibrated and are before each show. but talking one system from one atmosphere to another IS A DIFFERENT thing. the alignment responses Differently.. and to answer your question at the triple pointers they where always lower than the single and 2x shows.

matter fact the AC was even lower than the TL.. don't know why they did it but they did..

come one you already know this stuff. your trying to hard money.. EDIT also it doesnt change the fact desipite the meters being calabrated that they STILL pressure EASIER where its cold and less humid. reguardless what the meter reads. that's what the plot shows. you serious going to argue against that?

they can easily be calibrated and are before each show. but talking one system from one atmosphere to another IS A DIFFERENT thing. the alignment responses Differently.. and to answer your question at the triple pointers they where always lower than the single and 2x shows. matter fact the AC was even lower than the TL.. don't know why they did it but they did..
I just think its funny that apparently the odds are always stacked against you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif Sorry I just enjoy giving you shit

I just think its funny that apparently the odds are always stacked against you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
thats not my point money. you know i'm right. seriously. i don't mind an *** whipping but a fair one. wanna do something constructive? plot the capacitive/inductive distortion for me based on my prototypes parameters so i can figure out how much copper i need to add to the gap and how much losses ill get with said faraday ring.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif hahahaha

thats not my point money. you know i'm right. seriously. i don't mind an *** whipping but a fair one. wanna do something constructive? plot the capacitive/inductive distortion for me based on my prototypes parameters so i can figure out how much copper i need to add to the gap and how much losses ill get with said faraday ring.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif hahahaha
Nah, I'm too busy atm to offer consultation. With how much your hyping up the prototypes I'm definitely curious to see how they perform.

Does the company doing your proto (IA I believe?) offer the option for pole sleeves? Also who/where is the motor machining/construction done?

Nah, I'm too busy atm to offer consultation. With how much your hyping up the prototypes I'm definitely curious to see how they perform.
Does the company doing your proto (IA I believe?) offer the option for pole sleeves? Also who/where is the motor machining/construction done?
i'm not hyping it. i simply stated what the design aspect was. you take me as a bigot but failed to see i'm confident and have the drive to succeed reguardless. don't try to put me out there like that. ill let the drivers speak for themselves. i've discussed my design aspects. its simply a design aspect i never claimed it will be the best. FYI how many products cam through here that wasn't hyped?

its still only the first driver i'm pretty sure it will need some tweaking. every topology has its own downfalls. right now its a very baseline motor that is over-sized so i can use different Faraday rings without it being weak like alot of drivers with shorting rings that suffer poor efficiency from lack of BL.

in due time id be glad to let you have at a prototype to give me feedback along with some others but most people aren't too interested. i do have a few dealers that are interested as i doubt sale on the forums are going to be sufficient if i chose to do so.

no offensive i'm not going to release any information on them right now other than what i have said. i want the drivers to speak for themselves. the parts are sourced from different places no one place. i've done alot of testing and i used different sources. i will tell you this my sources are used by very popular brands and are reliable thus far.

im just having fun with it right now. the economy is terrible. maybe if things work out and enough people are interested ill do a run or two..

btw i like ot talk **** and have fun man. alot of you guys take me the wrong way because you don't know me in person. im a scarstic ******* that will make you **** in your pants laughing and give you the shirt off my back.. that's not relevant though as i generally come here to **** with you guys and i do help alot of people when i can. once i do get the prototype i'm going to do a few shows win or loose just for old times sake and to have fun..

i'm not hyping it. i simply stated what the design aspect. don't try to put me out there like that. ill let the drivers speak for themselves. ive discussed my design aspects. its simply a design aspect i never claimed it will be the best.its still only the frist driver i'm pretty sure it will need some tweeking.

every topology has its own downfalls. right now its a very baseline motor that is over sized so i can use different farday ring without it being weak like alot of drivers with shorting rings that suffer poor efficiency from lack of BL.

in due time id be glad to let you have at a prototype to give me feedback along with some others but most people arn't too interested. i do have a few dealers that are interested as i doubt sale on the forums are going to be sufficient.
For once I wasn't giving you a hard time....I'm genuinely curious how it will turn out. Personally I love me some copper:yumyum:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.