10hz box for Atomic APX18

Participant count
  • Participant list

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
So after I get all my debts paid, I'm gunna re-align my sub's motor and recone it to the original APX (currently has RE MT softparts I believe). I want this to be my HT sub for movies and fun, meaning I want it to murder the ultra-low notes.

Box size doesn't really matter because I have a very large room to put it in, it makes the current 8cft box look small lol. I'm thinking a box tuned at 10hz would be good for making the 1hz-10hz notes tangible. I could already feel the air it moved down to 1hz in its current box tuned at 28hz, but I know it can do better. The fs is 26hz I believe on the original sub. I'll probably pick up a Behringer amp to throw at it. I'm not too concerned about output, as it is already a very efficient sub (94db/w/m), and that's not what I'm really aiming for anyways.

What size box do you think I should build, and what frequency should it be tuned at? I don't really know much about boxes, so any help would be appreciated.

Parameters can be found here - Atomic Loud Speakers

that sub wont handle a 10hz box. i would not tune that sub under 26hz. its not a HT sub. and will not fair well in that setup. hell if your going to do that to that sub id buy the motor and basket and put it to use.

13ft^3@13hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

But seriously, pretty sure you shouldn't tune below fs

Last edited by a moderator:
that sub wont handle a 10hz box. i would not tune that sub under 26hz. its not a HT sub. and will not fair well in that setup. hell if your going to do that to that sub id buy the motor and basket and put it to use.
I was also considering a PSI recone better equipped to handle it. It will handle a low tuned box, just maybe not 5k watts of it like the sub is designed to do in an optimal enclosure.

they hate sealed boxes also. im very very familiar with that driver.

its not the parts within the sub that determine what it will be used for. the motor, the coil, spiders and everything.

honestly if you want a HT 18 thats gonna go that low sell the atomic and buy a RE XXX 18. the XXX 18 has a fs of 15hz.

its not the parts within the sub that determine what it will be used for. the motor, the coil, spiders and everything.

honestly if you want a HT 18 thats gonna go that low sell the atomic and buy a RE XXX 18. the XXX 18 has a fs of 15hz[

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.