Trunk car ported into cabin as loud as wagon/hatch?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
Just wondering if porting my enclosure through the ski-pass, since my rear seats are sealed off, would potentially be as loud as the same setup in a wagon or hatch (in other words, something other than a sealed-off trunk car)? I guess that technically the enclosure I would be going for would be bandpass, since the subs are mounted internally? Sorry guys, I don't know much about boxes. School me ngas!

Yeah, I figure so, given that the first place the sound will travel to would be directly inside the cabin. The cabin space would be equivalent to that of a Hatch, without the added benefit of using the slope of the roof to direct the airwaves.

may want to take a look at the rear deck speakers and any venting there for loss. it may be possible to install speaker buckets, like gm used for a while. it also can prevent damage to the speakers...... just a thought

I built a bandpass for my BMW and only had the 3" port firing through the rear package tray. I cut a hole there and installed the port after the box was mounted so I could get it sealed off properly. All my friends can't believe all that bass is coming through the one hole. I am onlly running one 10" sub but it rocks enough for me. The best thing is to think it all out before you go to install. Hope this helps!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.