10 inch Xfl1022 not loud??

Tannerman17

CarAudio.com Newbie
Indiana
I just bought a xfl1022 in a custom 32hz box.
I then purchased a skar audio rp 2000.1d amp to pair with it. It's Lacking to say the least. What am I missing here? I switched to 1/0 gauge recoil wire. It's just not loud, the only way to make it loud is changing the settings to distortion levels. I have stock head unit with a cheap line out converter.
Amp settings= Bass eq +12, subsonic off, lpf 70, gain is at 3/4. Anything below that there is 0 power. I never remembered having issues with my w6 like this.

My old JL W6 12 in a generic box paired with Jx 1000/1d amp was wayyy louder. What am I missing here?

I just bought a xfl1022 in a custom 32hz box.
I then purchased a skar audio rp 2000.1d amp to pair with it. It's Lacking to say the least. What am I missing here? I switched to 1/0 gauge recoil wire. It's just not loud, the only way to make it loud is changing the settings to distortion levels. I have stock head unit with a cheap line out converter.
Amp settings= Bass eq +12, subsonic off, lpf 70, gain is at 3/4. Anything below that there is 0 power. I never remembered having issues with my w6 like this.

My old JL W6 12 in a generic box paired with Jx 1000/1d amp was wayyy louder. What am I missing here?
Just took out the same sub with same power( Ct sounds 2000.1), same tuning and not one problem. Sub took every bit of that amp without breaking a sweat. And this was in a single cab truck. Lineout convertor maybe your issue?

Just took out the same sub with same power( Ct sounds 2000.1), same tuning and not one problem. Sub took every bit of that amp without breaking a sweat. And this was in a single cab truck. Lineout convertor maybe your issue?
I may try switching out that convertor to a more expensive one or trying to get an aftermarket player. My car is just new so it's hard.

What I don't get is my old w6 12 and that jl amp. I never tuned the amp and the box wasn't tuned and it literally hurt my ears when it was 3/4 volume, with the same line out converter. I expected this to be the same, but I feel like this skar amp is finicky?

Do you still have the jl sub? I’d so, can you hook it up to the Skar amp and see how it does. Would let you know if it’s an amp issue or not.
Sadly it's sold. I do have another sub but it's just a little like 300 rms kicker. That's kind of why I posted on here. I was worried it was a faulty amp? And wanted to return if that was the case. I also have a crunch 3000.1 amp that is surely over rated. and it moved the sub probably 70-75% of what the skar is doing now.

Sadly it's sold. I do have another sub but it's just a little like 300 rms kicker. That's kind of why I posted on here. I was worried it was a faulty amp? And wanted to return if that was the case. I also have a crunch 3000.1 amp that is surely over rated. and it moved the sub probably 70-75% of what the skar is doing now.
Did you read your subs coils?

Can get some later. But it just isn't moving the sub. The sub is facing toward the left side if you were looking at the back of the vehicle. It's approx 21x21x13

If it isn’t moving the sub, then you have either weak signal, the sub is wired at too high of an ohm, weird crossover problem, something like that.

Do you have a digital multimeter?

If it isn’t moving the sub, then you have either weak signal, the sub is wired at too high of an ohm, weird crossover problem, something like that.

Do you have a digital multimeter?
No I can buy one though. The guy I bought it off of showed me the independence with his. It was right at 1.1/1.2

And it's moving the sub. Just not without distortion. It can get "semi-loud" but it's distorting alot when it's cranked up on the amp. When I move the amp all the way down to non distortion levels, it's literally underwhelming.

No I can buy one though. The guy I bought it off of showed me the independence with his. It was right at 1.1/1.2

And it's moving the sub. Just not without distortion. It can get "semi-loud" but it's distorting alot when it's cranked up on the amp. When I move the amp all the way down to non distortion levels, it's literally underwhelming.

Hmmm. You may have either a signal or even an amp issue. You need to get a DMM, in general, if you want an easier time with car audio.

You need to make sure your radio settings are correct and that the RCA’s are functioning properly to get the signal to the amp.

I would try to hook the amp up to your cell phone with headphone jack to RCA connectors and see if your amp still distorts with a different signal source.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...