1 ohm wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

JeepBoi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Roanoke
This may be a dumb question so bear with me. I have one P2 10 inch rockford fosgate punch (300w-500w) which can be ran parallel at 1 ohm or in series at 4 ohm. I was running it in series with my Alpine MRV M500 which I think has blown it's circuit. I am in the market for a new amp, and am wondering If I should get a different amp or the same one. I realize that I can get better bass while it is wired at 1 ohm. I am looking at this amp from CT sounds. As you can see it is monoblock and there is two different connections for both positive and negative speaker wires. I only have one pair of positive and negative speaker wire ends, so would I just leave two of the connections on the amp empty?

This may be a dumb question so bear with me. I have one P2 10 inch rockford fosgate punch (300w-500w) which can be ran parallel at 1 ohm or in series at 4 ohm. I was running it in series with my Alpine MRV M500 which I think has blown it's circuit. I am in the market for a new amp, and am wondering If I should get a different amp or the same one. I realize that I can get better bass while it is wired at 1 ohm. I am looking at this amp from CT sounds. As you can see it is monoblock and there is two different connections for both positive and negative speaker wires. I only have one pair of positive and negative speaker wire ends, so would I just leave two of the connections on the amp empty?

Alot of monoblocks have two pair of speaker terminals. It's just for ease of wiring. So yes just leave the other two empty.

I'm pretty sure there was something about the CT sounds amps setting on fire but I'm getting old and may be mistaken
For the price of the alpine you can get a lot better amps
Look at Soundqubed
The S1-850 is half the price and will allow you to upgrade later if desired

My CT2k is doing very well on a pair of older XFL12s. That amp is on Sale atm
https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/ct-series-amplifiers/products/ct-400-1d

I'm pretty sure there was something about the CT sounds amps setting on fire but I'm getting old and may be mistaken
For the price of the alpine you can get a lot better amps
Look at Soundqubed
The S1-850 is half the price and will allow you to upgrade later if desired
CT Has come a very long way since those issues where addressed. That Is a good Amp recommendation other than the CT 700.1d for the price in that wattage range

Well I guess the most important question is what are you looking to spend on an amp? My personal preferences may be too expensive. I refuse to buy cheap equipment these days. Not saying anything bad about anything or anyone just a personal choice. I'm also pretty loyal to certain brands.

Old Kicker amps were great
I have not had much experience with the new stuff but I haven't herd great things about them

I agree with Slo_Ride
One I find a brand I like I stick with it
So I run mostly DD which is more expensive but the quality is there
The only reason I suggest Soundqubed is because its the son of the guy who owns DD
If you look at the amps internals they are very similar

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...