Help troubleshoot no sound out of front left door and front left dash

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flingobingo

CarAudio.com Newbie
MN
Bought a 2020 ram 1500 with 9 speaker factory Alpine system. The front left dash and front left door speakers have had issues from when I purchased.... it worked a few times for sure, but now nothing.
I have reset the uconnect radio and let it sit overnight with no battery connection. Reseated the high-level factory amp harness connections.

i need to know what I should troubleshoout next to determine if it is the amp or headunit...???

I have replaced all 5 front speakers and know they arent the issue.

thanks!

There is no way anyone is going to be able to diagnose this problem, just like so many of the questions asked here, over the internet. Sure people will guess, but you can't do diagnostic work over the internet. Figure it out or take it to someone who can.

I mean you would think right, lol

i am asking what I should do to troubleshoot further... is there a way to test the amp with a multimeter? Is there a setting in the amp or HU which could still be muting those channels?

pretty basic problem I would think someone could give guidance on other than "take it to the dealer".

pretty basic problem I would think someone could give guidance on other than "take it to the dealer".
Steps to take would be to see if the phone and chime system is defeatable. Since it plays exclusively through drivers door, it is worth looking into. If no luck, find a pinout for your radio and amplifier. Even though speakers are new, meter the harness on the A/C voltage setting with radio on. If no power, from speaker harness, trace the wire back to the amplifier. There may be a loose speaker harness or damaged wire along the way.
If all is ok, using the pinout, probe the wires for that door on the amp's output side. If nothing, then probe the input side.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...