09 Sienna HDC 18s bass build log

Got quote for all 3 and tickets are all about the same and yeah team mate just got the fi's and they look identical to the cf's and i just want to run something different from him and it took 2.5 months for fi to build his 4 which i thought was retarded, almost 3k in subs and it takes that long to build and bolt a top assembly? Lol just trying get as much info as i can on all 3, will order right after slam because im hoping to see and hear all 3 there.
why not DD 9900s? just curious.

Got quote for all 3 and tickets are all about the same and yeah team mate just got the fi's and they look identical to the cf's and i just want to run something different from him and it took 2.5 months for fi to build his 4 which i thought was retarded, almost 3k in subs and it takes that long to build and bolt a top assembly? Lol just trying get as much info as i can on all 3, will order right after slam because im hoping to see and hear all 3 there.
why not DD 9900s? just curious.

600 to 700 per for any of the 3 i want, i like dd and respect them but their prices are so dumb, but obviously people are stupid enough to pay those prices so good for dd.

Find me 4 matching 9900 sc motors for not rape and ill build them and switch.

You sticking to the sundowns? Saw the truck was for sale.
Yea I owned CF xsv2 and then nsv3s and I like my nsv3 better. I posted my truck forsale to see if any nibbles on it but nope. I don't want to sell it but I'd love to buy a police PPV Tahoe and do a new build.but since I posted myteuck forsale I sold my tfhe and going to get two taramps 15ks when they come back in stock. Try and get a 160s from the Cpillar... the only time I clamped power I did a 154.5db with about 4500watts. So shizzon said those 15ks should clamp 10k+ clean so I should see a big gain hopefully

Yea I owned CF xsv2 and then nsv3s and I like my nsv3 better. I posted my truck forsale to see if any nibbles on it but nope. I don't want to sell it but I'd love to buy a police PPV Tahoe and do a new build.but since I posted myteuck forsale I sold my tfhe and going to get two taramps 15ks when they come back in stock. Try and get a 160s from the Cpillar... the only time I clamped power I did a 154.5db with about 4500watts. So shizzon said those 15ks should clamp 10k+ clean so I should see a big gain hopefully
Hd 15ks? I havent bought amps yet for this build, but im running 18v in the car now and have look for amps that run it, was gonna be doing 2 crescendo 10ks for 1800 per direct but am always open to cheaper power. Sorry jeff not trying to jack your thread.

Hd 15ks? I havent bought amps yet for this build, but im running 18v in the car now and have look for amps that run it, was gonna be doing 2 crescendo 10ks for 1800 per direct but am always open to cheaper power. Sorry jeff not trying to jack your thread.
Yea the hd 15ks... I'm 12v.

the new bass line of taramps only handles up to 17 volts so no taramps wont be an option for you if you charge in the 18s.

no worries man feel free to continue. Always like seeing new big builds unravel.

600 to 700 per for any of the 3 i want, i like dd and respect them but their prices are so dumb, but obviously people are stupid enough to pay those prices so good for dd.
Find me 4 matching 9900 sc motors for not rape and ill build them and switch.
you though about building some?

for example right off the bat this would POUND and be efficient. 4K per woofer is plenty.

https://psicaraudio.com/platform-motor-assemblies/

The level 4 motor with this coil

https://fixmyspeaker.com/product/3-02-x-3-247-x-2-22-dual-2-0-alum-fw-6fh-545/

https://www.springfieldspeakerrepair.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Cone3

use a large carbon fiber dustcap to strengthen the cone. you compression or pressure wen applying the glue to forged the cne to the cap. even though this is a much lighter cone its thinner but when the 8" CF dustcap it will be stiffer than the much heavier cones and save yuo 50 grams of MMS over the heavy duty cones and poly dustcaps.

For SPL use the 12 spoke baskets and 2 medium and 2 stiff progressive roll spiders

you though about building some? for example right off the bat this would POUND and be efficient. 4K per woofer is plenty.

https://psicaraudio.com/platform-motor-assemblies/

The level 4 motor with this coil

https://fixmyspeaker.com/product/3-02-x-3-247-x-2-22-dual-2-0-alum-fw-6fh-545/

https://www.springfieldspeakerrepair.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Cone3

use a large carbon fiber dustcap to strengthen the cone. you compression or pressure wen applying the glue to forged the cne to the cap. even though this is a much lighter cone its thinner but when the 8" CF dustcap it will be stiffer than the much heavier cones and save yuo 50 grams of MMS over the heavy duty cones and poly dustcaps.

For SPL use the 12 spoke baskets and 2 medium and 2 stiff progressive roll spiders
Yeahhhh honestly im buying new and building the hdc4s into 15s for a side project, if i were to build subs for this project it would be shd motors, period. Looked but couldnt find 4 with matching center poles.

Yeahhhh honestly im buying new and building the hdc4s into 15s for a side project, if i were to build subs for this project it would be shd motors, period. Looked but couldnt find 4 with matching center poles.
im rebuilding my prototype myself. its tricky because it was specifically designed for the ultra long 3' 4 layer flat wound coil. it used very thick windings fattened 2.5 to 1 too keep inductance low but BL suffered so the top plate is HUGE.(lower sensitivity low lower inductive and BL distortion)

gonna see if i can fit a much shorted 8 layer to make BL skyrocket lower MMS and have similar power handling. i'm excited considering the woofer now is doing 144 with only 1280 watts. sealing off the trunk tuning up abit and doubling power alone should give me another 3 to 4 DB. thats 147 to 148 with a purpose built SQ woofer. retooling hte coil and soft parts should give me much better sensitivity ill be happy with a 148 legal though..

right positive left negative, RCA split the signal with female to two male and voila insta power. My PRV neo 6.5s actually drown out the PWX atm the the ppi bridged on them

thing is its moderate, not even a lot of volume. I did that with high volume on the ppi, no issues EVER.
Jef let me ask you this if I bridge the ppi 900.4 into 2 channels will it be only stable at 4 ohms ? I am running two pairs of 4 ohm anarchys wired at 2 ohms. Or should I get a different amp I really wanted to get the 200.4 alphards ?

[quote name='ChaseinBass']Jef let me ask you this if I bridge the ppi 900.4 into 2 channels will it be only stable at 4 ohms ? I am running two pairs of 4 ohm anarchys wired at 2 ohms. Or should I get a different amp I really wanted to get the 200.4 alphards ?[/QUOTE]

awhile back well I ran each channel at 1.33 ohms on my ppi just fine no heat or protect issues at all. @cfox running his at half ohm so I dont think you'll have any issues running the ppi like that in all honesty. Reliablity and stability wise, its stronger than any korean 4 channel i've seen.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']awhile back well I ran each channel at 1.33 ohms on my ppi just fine no heat or protect issues at all. @cfox running his at half ohm so I dont think you'll have any issues running the ppi like that in all honesty. Reliablity and stability wise, its stronger than any korean 4 channel i've seen.[/QUOTE]

I will give it a shot and thanks !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.