14 Sierra

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
Hi everybody. Im tryna put in a system on my truck Ill start posting pics Later.Im currently running a DEH80PRs on stock speakers. I just ran all the amp wires this past weekend and just neeed to hook my **** up. Im gonma be running the CDT 15 anniversary package on passive for now but will then be running active RF T400-2 for the mids & Intinity kappa four for the tweeters. My sub stage is 2 Sundown Sa8v3s wired down to 1Ohm. I have factory 145Amp alt. I dont know what to do now cant decide if I should sound deaden my doors first$200 with SDS stuff. Or run a AGM battery I guess a Northstar battery. Or upgrade to a HO alternator.What would be the best thing to go for? Im bearly gonna break the subs in tho.Thank you guys for feedback & open to ideas too.

It depends what you value more. i am tweek when it come to rattles. ill spend 200 on deader just to stop ringing before i upgrade my electrical. well Then again when i plan to have a lot of power i automatically order a alt BEFORE i buy an amp.. lol

I don't think you have enough power to really say i need an alt immediately and getting another battery won't be much help at all honestly. You said you have 200 bucks? that's not going to get you an alternator anyways. which brings me to the fact that most larger cities you can have an alternator rewound for higher output for half the price as a built alternator! Keep that in mind.

Never really heard a sound deadend car so No idea but I do want the speakers to sound really good so Im probly gonna end up doing this first & never really planned running much power I just saw the amp on ebay for 380 and I was like F*ck it incase I upgrade later on. I dont really plan to use all the power on it thpugh probably thow 800 watts at both subs & maybe more if im not happy with the output. Thanks for telling me that earlier on I was gonna order a battery but decided to ask first woula sent 250 down the draiin. No 200 is the price for sound deadening the doors. The alt looks like i can get a used 300 Amp for 350 plus i guess shipping. I can spend 750 on an alt or whatever it costs but thats only If i have to tryna spend as lil money as possible.

Never really heard a sound deadend car so No idea but I do want the speakers to sound really good so Im probly gonna end up doing this first & never really planned running much power I just saw the amp on ebay for 380 and I was like F*ck it incase I upgrade later on. I dont really plan to use all the power on it thpugh probably thow 800 watts at both subs & maybe more if im not happy with the output. Thanks for telling me that earlier on I was gonna order a battery but decided to ask first woula sent 250 down the draiin. No 200 is the price for sound deadening the doors. The alt looks like i can get a used 300 Amp for 350 plus i guess shipping. I can spend 750 on an alt or whatever it costs but thats only If i have to tryna spend as lil money as possible.
when you sound deaden your not trying to completely cover the doors.

Im guilty but ecasue i got a ton of sounddeadner and used it to seal up my doors gaping holes which is fine but its a huge waste of money. lol granted its a hell of alot easier than trying to custom fabricate wood or plastic "covers" for the door its kinda wasteful but it does work good. i also usually spray abit of expanding foam inside the door to help lower leaks/losses and somewhat shape the door.. I also glue about a 6x6 peace of egg crate(the paper product not the foam) right behind the driver to beakup standing waves and stop reflection from the drivers rear wave it cleaners up the midrange //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if you want some really good deadner and are going to spend 200 bucks grab the sound deadner showdown CLD deadner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I kind of got an Idea of how to do it. At first I was just gonna get $60 worth of dynamat but then I heard abput SDS & thats whT im gonna end up going with.spoke to Dom & ima get what he recommended. I was thinking of making it a lil enclosure in the doors but I dont think Itll fit I just hope the speaker fits in there with an adapter. Yeah I was also thinking of doing that throwing some foam in the doors. Does the eggcrate work? Ive seen some videos of some eggcrate foam gettimg put around the speakers but dont have an idea if they work. Im gonna try it.Thanks for the advice man I really appreciate it!

Yeah I kind of got an Idea of how to do it. At first I was just gonna get $60 worth of dynamat but then I heard abput SDS & thats whT im gonna end up going with.spoke to Dom & ima get what he recommended. I was thinking of making it a lil enclosure in the doors but I dont think Itll fit I just hope the speaker fits in there with an adapter. Yeah I was also thinking of doing that throwing some foam in the doors. Does the eggcrate work? Ive seen some videos of some eggcrate foam gettimg put around the speakers but dont have an idea if they work. Im gonna try it.Thanks for the advice man I really appreciate it!
when i say foam i mean the expanding foam like the great stuff you can buy at HD. i just put it towards the rea of the door and work back towards the driver. no need to get crazy with it just build up the back of the door abit and seal up the doors abit. the egg crate goes directly behind the midbass and yes it helps. its breaks up standing waves that cause distortion. will you hear it? maybe not but i know they science behind it and i think it works. Don't put anything in the door that isn't solid and will be excited by the pressure/vibrations the driver will create! the expanding foam gets hard and the egg crates are pretty snout as well.

863137.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

of course you want to open it and use the bottom that has the ridges.

AGAIN NOT THE FOAM get the recycle pulp ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.