07 F150, AQ HDC318, AQ2200, Boston's, etc

Yup, no rear seats. I bought the truck with stereo and not passengers in mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Work has me slammed today so I wasn't able to start on the deadening, BJ got the box done and shipped though so I better get busy:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4762822#post4762822
There ya go, and to me I thought the new regular cabs had MORE than enough room for a killer system (least when it comes to regular cab trucks.) I don't know many passengers that will want to ride around with you with that thing at full tilt anyways.

There ya go, and to me I thought the new regular cabs had MORE than enough room for a killer system (least when it comes to regular cab trucks.) I don't know many passengers that will want to ride around with you with that thing at full tilt anyways.
It won't be goin full tilt often anyhow. Only times that'll happen is at shows and for the occasional highway cruise when I want to rock out with the windows down at 85 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Well not much of an update, work is still keeping me busy. Got about 3 sheets of mat on the outside door skin, will be doing the inside and outside of the inner door skin tomorrow, then its over to the drivers side.

Alt showed up from the regulator swap at mean green, will throw that in tomorrow and make sure that all works out. Well onto some boring pics and a crappy soundfile for the sound difference between the undeadened and the deadened door:

deadening001bn1.jpg

Lots of trim panels and a bunch of mat backing garbage:

deadening002lf9.jpg

Crappy sound file, doesn't do it justice:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1378453754057c05/

More pics tomorrow with hopefully alot of mat on the inside skin of the door. I'll be able to seal up all of it except around the interior door handle...got some thinkin to do on how thats going to happen.

nice truck
Thanks man. I was hating the lift when I was working under the hood but I'm diggin it now. Its nice to be able to stand up and deaden the doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Got the alt in and no more error codes, looks like mean green got the right regulator in this time so thats all taken care of.

Almost got the passenger side door done. Needs a few more chunks of mat and then a layer of overkill...then onto the drivers side. Once the drivers side door is done its pretty much smooth sailing from there. Deaden the backwall and start putting stuff together to take a test listen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Oh yeah, the BJ box showed up today as well...looks great. Its a tad heavy, I thought I was skinny until I saw the DHL guy. He had to ask me to help him take it out of the truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Finally gettin somewhere. Passenger door matted and a layer of secondskin overkill pro. Now comes the fun part of getting the door panel back on and mounting the comps in that side:

overkill002xa4.jpg

I leave for camping at noon tomorrow so not even going to tear into the drivers side until I get back.

Nice truck. I have never seen the Pro 60 tweets in person. It looks like they have a rather large casing from photos. Are the actual tweets removeable so that they can be installed in the sails?

Nice truck. I have never seen the Pro 60 tweets in person. It looks like they have a rather large casing from photos. Are the actual tweets removeable so that they can be installed in the sails?
The tweets come off the mid and mount in cups or pods just like every other component setup. The tweets are goin in the stock location in my door panels then I have the boston imaging tweet set comin that will go up in the A-pillar.

Another bulk pack of dynamat just showed up, not sure when I'm going to find the time but hopin to deaden the rear doors before the 29th as well...we'll see what happens.

The tweets come off the mid and mount in cups or pods just like every other component setup. The tweets are goin in the stock location in my door panels then I have the boston imaging tweet set comin that will go up in the A-pillar.
OIC, thanks. You should work on that rather than going camping. I want to see pics of the install. I do not care to see pics of you camping.

OIC, thanks. You should work on that rather than going camping. I want to see pics of the install. I do not care to see pics of you camping.
Drinking beer and fishing sounds like more fun that deadening right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.