07 F150, AQ HDC318, AQ2200, Boston's, etc

duece212
5,000+ posts

Buddy Christ!
Colorado
Well figured I'd start a build thread, maybe it will keep me motivated. Building for daily but have a deadline of the 29th of this month for a bassrace comp comin up. Hopin to run the 139 class. Here's whats goin in:

Kenwood DDX812 (already installed w/sirius)

Boston Pro 60's

Boston Type-M imaging kit

AQ HDC318

AQ 2200

Kicker 550.2 for the 60's and imaging kit

Epicenter

Knu Krystal RCA's

~45ft of Knu Fleks 1/0

2 bulk packs of dynamat

~30ft of SS Damp pro

2 sheets of SS overkill pro (Doors if it fits)

2 sheets of SS luxory liner pro (back wall)

BJfisher box - 5.75 @ 38 with 92sq in of port

Mean Green 200amp alt

Yellowtop front, two powersonic batts in the back (HC600 clones)

Custom metal frame in the extended cab boarded up and carpeted

So far the deck is installed, big 3 is done, power wire and rca's ran, metal frame built/installed, truck torn apart, speaker wire ran. Unfortunately I'm busy all weekend but the deadening starts Monday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Everything is going in this:

lift003gk3.jpg

Backseat ripped out:

f_truck003m_983fc2c.jpg

Metal frame I have boards cut for, just need to carpet them:

frameho7.jpg

Molex's with wire, molex's eat moose cawk:

molex003ub9.jpg

Thats all for now, hopefully some progress pics to come soon.

I think I should be good on time, deadening is my biggest hurdle left and it shouldn't be too bad. Already had the MG alt installed once and it had the wrong regulator in it, they said they would rush the fix and get it right back out to me though to make sure its back before the 29th.

Having a date sure helps to motivate me on builds...usually I drag ass.

did you make that frame?
I did not, the shop that did my lift made it. I could never fab up something so clean/square //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

lift003gk3.jpg

Beautiful truck, and very nice equiptment, this should be a nice build.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ooo this looks interesting, really like the rack, giving me ideas for later on =)

How much did all that metal cost you, did you buy it as scrap or brand new. I know metal prices went up like hell over the last few months.

I did not, the shop that did my lift made it. I could never fab up something so clean/square //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yeah thats a killer frame. Im going to need to get one but just for the back left seat spot

Ooo this looks interesting, really like the rack, giving me ideas for later on =)
How much did all that metal cost you, did you buy it as scrap or brand new. I know metal prices went up like hell over the last few months.
Had a suspension/fab shop build the rack. It was 215 for parts and labor. I couldn't pass it up. Its all flat and level and bolts in the existing mounts from where my back seat mounted. Had I attempted it, it would have looked alot different (shittier) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Had a suspension/fab shop build the rack. It was 215 for parts and labor. I couldn't pass it up. Its all flat and level and bolts in the existing mounts from where my back seat mounted. Had I attempted it, it would have looked alot different (shittier) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

not a bad price, im sure the price of material costed at least half of that. Id try something similar but i dont have even a few inches to spare =/.

Although I might need to make some bracket that goes into the factory bolts to keep my box in place.. hmmm

you gave me another idea!

Looks really good and sure is a nice truck. I'm guessing there will be no rear seats in this instal? I totally know what you mean about setting a date and getting it done, so far any work I have done has been slower than molasses going up hill on a cold winter morning, good luck with the rest of the work, and I'm looking forward to the next installment of pics.

Looks really good and sure is a nice truck. I'm guessing there will be no rear seats in this instal? I totally know what you mean about setting a date and getting it done, so far any work I have done has been slower than molasses going up hill on a cold winter morning, good luck with the rest of the work, and I'm looking forward to the next installment of pics.
Yup, no rear seats. I bought the truck with stereo and not passengers in mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Work has me slammed today so I wasn't able to start on the deadening, BJ got the box done and shipped though so I better get busy:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4762822#post4762822

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.