'04 G35 Cabin Speaker Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ronjon17

Hi All:

I am installing the following equipment in my '04 G35 Coupe (currently has Bose system, will be retaining stock head unit, but will be removing all speakers and bose amp):

MTX Thunder 4244 (4 Channel Amp)

Kenwood KAC 8101D (Sub Amp)

2 MTX 10" Subs

Boston Acoustics RM9 (6x9 for rear deck)

Boston Acoustics SC65 (6 3/4 for rear side panel)

Boston Acoustics SR60 (components for the front)

Sealed Custom Box from Zenenclosures

3 Farad Cap

So far I've installed everything except the cabin speakers and the wiring for the

1. I've read on other forums how to do the amp wiring install. Most people have suggested not to replace the 6x9's and to just disconnect them when adding a sub. I wanted to do a little experimentation and see with the new 2 way 6x9's if there was any added benefit to the sound created in the cabin (plus I got them for very cheap). Question is that on the existing bose system it looks like there are 4 sets of input wires and 6 sets of output wires (with two sets of the output wires filtered to only reproduce bass frequencies). What I want to know is can I power all 6 sets of output wires with a 4 channel amp? If so, will I lose any quality by running the rear speakers in parallel.

2. The cap I installed appears to always be on even when the car is turned off (it has an LED readout). Do I have to be concerned about battery drain? I attached a power wiring diagram (not to scale). Red indicates power, blue indicates ground.

3. The zenenclosure box indicates it has 0.8^3ft. The MTX subs spec says they need 0.75^3ft. Since there are two does this mean I need a total of 1.5^3ft? How much polyfill would I need to add to reproduce the proper volume?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.