03 Taurus Build

scbroncoguy
10+ year member

So my other car is a 2003 Ford Taurus and my build will be kinda slow. What is is going to have is a complete DB Drive set up. I have two 12" DB Drive K3 subs, with a A3 1000.1 Amp. For my door speakers I have a quantum 4x200 watt amp for my mids/highs. I also have a 2 farad quantum capacitor and a 4 gauge DB Link wiring kit. I will also have a custom design built in the back around the subs. I will post what I have in the car now later and will start building the custom design this weekend.

Yea I agree.....my Taurus is my entree level class car and my Bronco is the higher level class car and I have additional batteries in my Bronco. The cap helps just enough for the headlights right now. Once I upgrade to the K9 DB Drives and bigger amps I will get additional batteries instead of the cap.

Well I got some new toys yesterday for my 03 Taurus

DB Drive Okur A7 1100 watt rms and 2200 max watt amp

Small Shuriken battery

dual 12" DB Drive K5 1500 watt max each subs

sdc10803g.jpg

sdc10804w.jpg

sdc10805j.jpg

sdc10806x.jpg

sdc10807.jpg

I thought for a second that you drilled into the battery to mount it. That's a pretty clean looking install. I'm going to jump on the "Ditch the Cap" bandwagon though. You've got the extra battery now. You're putting a lot of strain on your alternator to keep up with a second battery and a capacitor.

I saw the angle brackets and thought exactly the same thing. LOL

But, what are you doing to keep the battery from going up? Say hitting a pothole, etc. Surely not the tension on the wires.

Otherwise, look nice. I'll be starting my Bronco build shortly, but definitely not the same class - I need that storage space. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

There's been times where I needed the space in the Jeep. I'm probably going to devise something where I can pull the sub out, should I need the space. I don't think it'd be too hard to do. I just have to build an amp rack, put something inline with the remote turn on going to my mono amp to turn it off when the sub isn't connected, and then it'll be easy to disconnect the speaker wire from my box and pull the box out when I need the extra room. You could probably do something like that with the Bronco if you really want a sub or two in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.