03 Cobra mustang build

Thanks
I'm not really worried about eta's anymore. Only thing i'm gunna do is put a smaller Whipple on it and tune it to around 650rwhp. The entire enclosure in the trunk with the amps and speakers should be less then 150 pounds i imagine so it shouldn't be to bad. Considering Nick took out the spare, jacks, amp rack ect. it will even out somewhat.
ahh yeah the stock rear setup will reduce some weight dropping that out. I had a 95 fully loaded with 3 amps and a 10" eclipse aluminum sealed and loved it. I had a 331 stroker built with AFR 185 heads, holley systemax II intake etc and put down 373 rwhp. Car still went 11.90s all motor with the system installed. I think your good with your power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Very nice car. Keep coming with the build pics!

Looks good so far. I'm telling you, lose the rear coaxials and send more power to the fronts. You don't even need them for passengers if you have a proper front stage. Also, make sure you deaden up to and around your baffle for the front 6.5s. I completely sealed my baffle in and midbass response has increased amazingly. Last thing, you should deaden the back of the plastic door panel with foam and deadener. Those things are so flimsy and rattle like crazy. Same with the rear 1/4 panels and sail panels. All the plastic trim in these cars are so flimsy and resonate so much.

Btw, I cannot wait to get a better job so I can finally afford a Cobra!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Looks good so far. I'm telling you, lose the rear coaxials and send more power to the fronts. You don't even need them for passengers if you have a proper front stage. Also, make sure you deaden up to and around your baffle for the front 6.5s. I completely sealed my baffle in and midbass response has increased amazingly. Last thing, you should deaden the back of the plastic door panel with foam and deadener. Those things are so flimsy and rattle like crazy. Same with the rear 1/4 panels and sail panels. All the plastic trim in these cars are so flimsy and resonate so much.
Btw, I cannot wait to get a better job so I can finally afford a Cobra!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I was already ahead of you on everything you said except the front stage part, I'm putting a good amount of power to those components and I've already made a custom enclosure for the 5x7's in the back. I haven put the baffle on so that's why don't you don't see deadener around it.

can't believe your doing that to such a nice looking cobra.
I'm not sure what you mean since your on a car audio forum and i assume you like car audio. It's not like it's not going to be pretty much the same car execpt the deck lid and the trunk when it is done.

I don't know **** about installs he has free reign to do what he wants pretty much lol.

Well I thought Id get much more done today but after 4 1/2 hours of doing the big three I'm beat, I might be doing somemore stuff later tonight but its up in the air... .

Here's some pics

Took 20 min just to get this car up on jacks since its so low to the ground.

IMG_0835.jpg

Big 3 wiring (before anyone says anything, the front battery to frame wire is actually in the same position where the stock was located, and yes the paint was removed where it connects.

IMG_0838.jpg

Where'd you guys ground the engine block to chassis? Pics of that? Also, more pics of the alt+? I started to do my Big 3, but stopped due to not having a jack that can get under my fricken lowered car LOL. Honestly though, I would ditch the rear coaxials and leave the holes in the rear deck to let the bass into the cabin. I've had rear coax in my car and took them out after joining this site, and haven't missed them one bit. Same for my rear passengers...Just a waste of space.

well I got the front stage installed, and all I have to say is that the RF-60 components are some of the best speakers I've ever heard in a car, and the best part is that I didnt even tune them yet!

stock tweeter pod

IMG_0841.jpg

tweeters cut in, still need to wrap new grill cloth around the pod

IMG_0842.jpg

baffle for 6.5

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

thats all for right now, I'll have more pics up tomorrow

i have an 2001 got anymore pics of the big 3 because im fixing to do it to mine.
I would imagine our alternators are in a totally different place since we have different engines. Mine is under my battery and very hard to get to. Basically you have to jack the car up and come in from under the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.