0 gauge

How many runs of it does he use? At least 5 runs of positive and negative each. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even 10. Not sure why he doesn't just use 4/0 wire.
Because hes sponsored by Rockford Fosgate, he doesnt pay for any of that wire.

I know I know.... it would just be worth the money and simplicity to me to use 4/0. Then again, he probably doesn't even do his own wiring so what does he care.
Can't tell is trolling or just stupid? He has videos on his youtube of him working on his truck? or course he wires his own whip

Can't tell is trolling or just stupid? He has videos on his youtube of him working on his truck? or course he wires his own whip
I've never watched his videos haha, so I'd say stupid. I just figured with all his nuthuggers and money he's got coming in, he'd have other people doing the tedious stuff for him at this point.

WAIT, I take that back. I did watch one video, of him going around scaring people with tones. Nothing of him working on his truck though.

I've never watched his videos haha, so I'd say stupid. I just figured with all his nuthuggers and money he's got coming in, he'd have other people doing the tedious stuff for him at this point.WAIT, I take that back. I did watch one video, of him going around scaring people with tones. Nothing of him working on his truck though.
haha no, he does some amazing work. check it out

The difference between cheap wire and quality wire is they use more aluminum which does not conduct as well as copper
Not correct in the least... In OFC wire, there is no aluminum. In CCA wire there is copper clad aluminum. Granted, most cheap, crappy wire is CCA, that's not the part that makes it crappy. It's usually way undersized and horrible inflexible. There is some great quality CCA wire available, there's nothing wrong with it.

Not correct in the least... In OFC wire, there is no aluminum. In CCA wire there is copper clad aluminum. Granted, most cheap, crappy wire is CCA, that's not the part that makes it crappy. It's usually way undersized and horrible inflexible. There is some great quality CCA wire available, there's nothing wrong with it.
Actually, you could not be more wrong. You need to research this. Copper is a better conductor that aluminum. They put a thin layer of copper over aluminum to make cca. Using zero gauge cca is equivalent to 4 gauge of pure copper wire. CCA will get extremely hot.

Actually, you could not be more wrong. You need to research this. Copper is a better conductor that aluminum. They put a thin layer of copper over aluminum to make cca. Using zero gauge cca is equivalent to 4 gauge of pure copper wire. CCA will get extremely hot.
will it get hot enough that we wouldnt be able to touch it?

will it get hot enough that we wouldnt be able to touch it?
Probably not in a car audio application. There is a video on you tube where a guy gets the wire smoking. Check it out. He is a stinger rep I believe. It just doesn't conduct as well, so you're not actually getting the amperage your looking for in a 0 gauge wire. I am an Electronic Engineer. I design circuits all the time. It is my job to know this stuff. I know there are people on here who know more about sub boxes, subs, and tuning amps than I, but when it comes to these types of topics, I have an excellent amount of knowledge. You guys can use all the cca you want. I will never use it.

No no no... we're arguing 2 different things. And all I do is research. YES, pure copper is better than copper clad aluminum. But that does not make all CCA wire "cheap, low quality" wire. There's plenty of top notch, high quality CCA wire. Shok, Knu, AudioTechnix, etc all make great CCA wire. Most good CCA wire consists of about 90% aluminum and 10% copper. On an average length run, 0 gauge CCA wire can carry 250 amps of current, and OFC 4 gauge can carry 150 amps of current. Making them not equivalent in the least. And yes, CCA wire will emit more heat than OFC. And 0 gauge OFC is rated for 300 amps. Most car audio enthusiasts know this and take that factor into account. For example, I know I will never pull more than 200a with my next system, so I didn't need the extra 50a of OFC wire, and spent half as much for CCA. Now I have heard that CCA wire will be at more risk to the elements, so for wiring in my engine bay I did use OFC.

Probably not in a car audio application. There is a video on you tube where a guy gets the wire smoking. Check it out. He is a stinger rep I believe. It just doesn't conduct as well, so you're not actually getting the amperage your looking for in a 0 gauge wire. I am an Electronic Engineer. I design circuits all the time. It is my job to know this stuff. I know there are people on here who know more about sub boxes, subs, and tuning amps than I, but when it comes to these types of topics, I have an excellent amount of knowledge. You guys can use all the cca you want. I will never use it.
why is it not good to use cca? is it that bad of a wire? will it not work well?

why is it not good to use cca? is it that bad of a wire? will it not work well?
It's just fine to use CCA.... Most of our userbase here uses it no problem. If you're running over 250a, and need the extra 50a OFC provides, then that's what you need. Going off the equipment in your set up, you should be fine with 2 runs of CCA. Especially since those amplifiers are pretty efficient, I doubt it even pulls 450a at full load. I don't know for sure though, that's purely speculation. As for the wiring for your alternator, I sincerely hope you used OFC.

It's just fine to use CCA.... Most of our userbase here uses it no problem. If you're running over 250a, and need the extra 50a OFC provides, then that's what you need. Going off the equipment in your set up, you should be fine with 2 runs of CCA. Especially since those amplifiers are pretty efficient, I doubt it even pulls 450a at full load. I don't know for sure though, that's purely speculation. As for the wiring for your alternator, I sincerely hope you used OFC.
im good so far! thanks man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.