0 gauge

I love everyone instantly jumps on this guy about his capacitor without knowing why this guy installed a cap in the first place. he may of done it to clean up some signal noise. But to bostonjlguy if you put a cap in to make up for a struggling electrical system get rid of it man. Like the people said above though knukonceptz or audiotechnix although I have no personal experience with audiotechnix I do with knu and they are probably the best wire company i have dealth with
I didn't jump on him in the least... I asked exactly that, "Why do you have a cap?" Maybe he did get it for filtering noise, though that's highly unlikely.

My electrical system was not struggling at all I simply added to help prolong the life of my alternator. What does everyone have against capacitors? I'm an electronic engineer and with out capacitive reactance you woul not have amplifiers. I also build voltage doublets using capacitors all the time. With all of my knowledge of electricity and electronics I don't see what it could hurt.
It won't hurt anything, but it's simply been proven in the world of car audio, not to help your electrical system in the least. They came out in car audio to help filter noise, and somehow got distorted as an electrical aide. I'm not an electrical engineer, so I don't know what rolls it could play elsewhere. But in the world of car audio, it won't do anything for your electrical or your alternator. All it does is waste your money and make you look silly.

As for the wire, as we've said, unless you're willing to spend more then AudioTechnix, KnuKonceptz, or quality welding wire are your 3 options. If you're looking to spend less you will not be getting true 0 gauge wire. If you're willing to wait, and be patient, you can find some good deals from our members on here.

Oh shit, someone with actual knowledge about something is about to teach retards who tell him that a cap's going to eat his babies how they're wrong.
Watch out, everybody.
I'm not saying they are wrong! I am simply saying that using DC theory, the cap should work well for the application I am applying. If my electrical system was lagging, I would upgrade my alternator and install a second battery. This is not the case. I am simply trying to prolong the life of the alternator by helping it out a little bit. Most people do not even understand how a capacitor works they just know what it does and what its called. You cannot open any electronic item and look at the board with out finding a capacitor. I need the zero gauge because the car came with 4 gauge installed and it is seriously lagging amperage. voltage x current equals= power aka wattage. Even if my cap reads 13.8 volts doesn't mean that I am getting the most out of my amplifier.

Idc what anyone says, you can tell me im wrong or not. But when it comes to 1/0 wire, there is little current differences when it comes to higher quality wire compared to lower quality wire. I mean yeah, if your bulding a SPL, DBdrag, 165+ db moster, your gonna want 1/0 wire that has as many strands as possibly. But for most systems cheaper 1/0 wont really be any different from higher end wire.

Idc what anyone says, you can tell me im wrong or not. But when it comes to 1/0 wire, there is little current differences when it comes to higher quality wire compared to lower quality wire. I mean yeah, if your bulding a SPL, DBdrag, 165+ db moster, your gonna want 1/0 wire that has as many strands as possibly. But for most systems cheaper 1/0 wont really be any different from higher end wire.
So what you're saying is.... there's no difference between 1/0 and 4 gauge then? Cus CHEAP 1/0, is just a thick as hell jacket with about 4 gauge of wire.

And cheap, crappy wire doesn't have as durable of a jacket, isn't as flexible, and isn't as good to work with. And if it's cheap, it's probably CCA, which isn't enough for certain people. For this guy, I'm sure CCA is just fine.

Where. I have never seen it that cheap. Ever. Anyway $70 shipped for mine
The prices that I listed where from eBay for 1/0 welding wire .you can also add a custom name to the wire as well.for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

25ft spools for $68 shipped

50ft spools for $140 shipped

So what you're saying is.... there's no difference between 1/0 and 4 gauge then? Cus CHEAP 1/0, is just a thick as hell jacket with about 4 gauge of wire.And cheap, crappy wire doesn't have as durable of a jacket, isn't as flexible, and isn't as good to work with. And if it's cheap, it's probably CCA, which isn't enough for certain people. For this guy, I'm sure CCA is just fine.
Im saying this for actual 0 gauge wire, not the wrong advertised "0" gauge thats actually 4 gauge. Im comparing like you Stinger/Rockford 0 gauge to knukonceptz or audiotechnix 0 gauge. Its not gonna matter what you would use it will all be the same unless 25k+ watts are going through it

Im saying this for actual 0 gauge wire, not the wrong advertised "0" gauge thats actually 4 gauge. Im comparing like you Stinger/Rockford 0 gauge to knukonceptz or audiotechnix 0 gauge. Its not gonna matter what you would use it will all be the same unless 25k+ watts are going through it
There's no way 1/0 could take the current required for 25kW unless it was like 6" long. Even then, I doubt it.

Well you're naming off top brands, so of course top brands will compare to other top brands. The only difference is that Stinger and Rockford will be more expensive than Knu and AT... And Stinger is a bit less flexible. I'm not seeing your point here? o.0

And how on earth could 0 gauge take 25,000w?! That's way too much current pull, that's not even possible!

There's no way 1/0 could take the current required for 25kW unless it was like 6" long. Even then, I doubt it.
Meade uses Rockford Fosgate 1/0 Gauge and he has a 30kw system. Explain?

Well of course a 0 gauge couldnt handle 25k watts on a single wire, you must have multiple runs of it, i just assumed you guys would have thought that thats what i meant from the first place. My bad, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

All in all thats not the point i was trying to make, the point i was trying to make was that most people buy high end Wire when they dont need too. Thats all:clap:

Well of course a 0 gauge couldnt handle 25k watts on a single wire, you must have multiple runs of it, i just assumed you guys would have thought that thats what i meant from the first place. My bad, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif
Haha I figured that's what you meant, I just wanted to troll on with it.

All in all thats not the point i was trying to make, the point i was trying to make was that most people buy high end Wire when they dont need too. Thats all:clap:
And I'm just confused as to what you consider high-end wire? I suggested AT and Knu, which is certainly top-notch wire, but their prices are some of the cheapest in the game. So that's what got me confused o.0

The prices that I listed where from eBay for 1/0 welding wire .you can also add a custom name to the wire as well.for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
25ft spools for $68 shipped

50ft spools for $140 shipped
Don't take credit for the link I showed you if your bagging on it on another thread. This wire he linked you too will probably be your best option. True sized 1/0 OFC wire, doesnt get much better than that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.