Help please!

dothecoolwip

canada
so im looing to buy my first car audio system. and i know a little bit about it but i dont know if ill need a new battery or not when i get my car... im only 16 and i should be getting my car soon..

im looking at spending around 600-700 $

i was looking at a Boss PH4000D with one or two MA Audio HK12X2 and i have a Kicker CVR102 (10CVR102) sitting at home. im going to make my own box i just need to know what i should get and what ill need to upgrade if anything (preferably not) to make it hit harder then hell

Don't get the Boss first off and don't mix subs. Either sell the Kicker or find another. Look on the classifieds for an amp and subs if you don't want to run the kicker. Plently can be found for that price range that can bump.

your first system you want to run 5k watts on a $700 budget including Boss equipment?

Start a little smaller, using better stuff, and learn what you are doing first.

Price doesn't really bother me . I'm going to Buy everything my self , I just want to know if a monoblock class d 5000 watt amp needs a second battery ecauae I heard after you go over 1500 you need a new one ! Can someone please just explain how I find out !

Ok first of all on 5k you will need at least 1-2 agm group 31 batteries and an ho alt. the big 3 as well none of the woofer you have

Mentioned will take that much power and your $700 budget might bet you a used 5k amp. Maybe. Woofers that will take that power will cost 300+ too Do you may wanna start smaller and build from there. We need to know what car or truck you are working with and a realistic budget for this kind of set up. If you are willing to spend the money and work I'm sure that we can set you right direction. Also do you want new or used ?

Boss amps are not legit. The numbers are bogus. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a good budget amp the makes rated power from audiopipe or mbquart. One of their 1500 watt amps, plus a nice set of dual four ohm subs, and quality wiring (including big 3, look it up if u don't know what it is) will have you slamming harder then all your buddies in class. believe it.

Ok first of all on 5k you will need at least 1-2 agm group 31 batteries and an ho alt. the big 3 as well none of the woofer you haveMentioned will take that much power and your $700 budget might bet you a used 5k amp. Maybe. Woofers that will take that power will cost 300+ too Do you may wanna start smaller and build from there. We need to know what car or truck you are working with and a realistic budget for this kind of set up. If you are willing to spend the money and work I'm sure that we can set you right direction. Also do you want new or used ?
Hey, you're unbanned!

And yeah, he's right. There's no way you'll even be able to afford the electrical to run 5kW(the HO alt will be 300-600, depending on if you buy used or not, and two high quality group 31 AGM batteries will be 1-300 a piece depending on if you buy used or not, and you'd need either two runs of 1/0 wiring or one of 2/0, which would cost you a good $100-150).

Price doesn't really bother me . I'm going to Buy everything my self , I just want to know if a monoblock class d 5000 watt amp needs a second battery ecauae I heard after you go over 1500 you need a new one ! Can someone please just explain how I find out !
It totally depends on the vehicle. I know Mitsubishi Galants have an (85?) amp alternator, which would require and upgrade sooner than my Grand Prix (160 amps). There's no set number, but like said earlier, start smaller, and work your way up. Most vehicles, on 5k, are going to require a HO alternator, Big 3, multiple batteries, plus the amp. Then you'll be looking at a sub to take that much power, which isn't going to be less than around $300. Start small, work your way up.

He should really consider my suggestion.... one of those amps plus enough wire for big3 and power run would be under 300. And that would be if he used 1/0. He use some knu ofc 4 gauge just fine w those amps for less. That leaves 300 for a **** nice set of subs, and whatevers leftover would certainly get him a nice enclosure.

wouldn't need an alt, and could get away with a nice single batt.

It totally depends on the vehicle. I know Mitsubishi Galants have an (85?) amp alternator, which would require and upgrade sooner than my Grand Prix (160 amps). There's no set number, but like said earlier, start smaller, and work your way up. Most vehicles, on 5k, are going to require a HO alternator, Big 3, multiple batteries, plus the amp. Then you'll be looking at a sub to take that much power, which isn't going to be less than around $300. Start small, work your way up.
The V6 versions of the '99-'03 Galants have an 85. I think the 4 cylinder versions have a 90 or 95(I'm not sure because I have the V6 version).

The V6 versions of the '99-'03 Galants have an 85. I think the 4 cylinder versions have a 90 or 95(I'm not sure because I have the V6 version).
That sounds about right. My Grand Prix is an '04, so it's the newer model. The previous model ('98-'03) might've had the same alternator, but I've got no idea.

start with a nice deck and some nice comps,then depending what you have left in cash,some 0 gauge wires [2 rolls] .then at least one extra battery agm group 31 ,next get your amp and woofers,then the ho alt and at least one more battery. i can help with pretty much everything you'll want and or need ,and i do ship to canada.just need to know your wants and needs from the system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.