Future proof install

Participant count
  • Participant list

wevie
10+ year member

Iowa
Tomorrow I will be installing a head unit and some wiring for a relative.

We have just ordered a Fi-Q and AP 15001.D so I will be running 1/0 to the rear, Big Three, plus signal cables (RCA) for the sub amp.

I don't ever see this car going over 3k watts but I want to be prepared if he decides to replace his factory speakers and amplify. I want to be sure if he moves up to 3k watts we will not need to rewire.

So my plan tomorrow is Big Three, 1/0 to the rear, head unit install, three runs of RCA to the rear, remote wire of course, and a run of speaker wire also. A lot of this will just be abandoned for now, but be available in the future.

Is there anything else I should consider doing at this point?

When I do a future proof setup for locals or family I typically also use distribution blocks. That way everything is ready to go if they decide to upgrade or add a second amp. I don't normally run speaker wires for the mids/highs because I run from the amp to the speakers directly not using stock wiring and I do that when the amp is installed typically(never takes long anyway).

Other then that, I think you have everything covered for the most part.

If you're gonna do 3k, do a run of OFC or plan on doing 2 runs of CCA just to be safe. And for the big 3, just get the biggest wires you can use for it. It's such a small run that expensive wiring doesn't seem all that expensive. I did mine in 2/0 welding cable and it's just one less thing I'll never have to worry about if/when I decide to upgrade power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.