Sign in to follow this  
Ispector

Box design help 4 DD 9510g’s

I’m looking for box design help for my sons first build. We have 4 of my old DD 9510g’s we reconed with DD dual 4ohm recones. He just bought a pair of Orion xtr 2500.1’s, so 1ohm per amp. For the $ I’m curious how these amps perform. We decided on the 2500’s after watching BigD’s video.The max outside box dimensions are 32x32x16. This is going in my sons Accord Crosstour. Right now we are installing deadener and running all the wiring. I think Oldbass40’s box design would work good. I’m just looking for other ideas or suggestions. We are going to send my old xp270 back to DC to get recased and I have a couple xs3100’s for him and might have found a couple more. Anyways, any ideas or info would be much appreciated.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']That's roughly just under 9.5 gross cu ft. What do those require for airspace ported? @shredder2[/QUOTE]

No idea honestly... probably around 1.25-1.5ft3 net... IDK I could check as easily as anyone... lol... I'm sure it's on their site

Sorry... it's not one I've had to look at before

It's a hatch or trunk?.. im curious, like oldbasses box? Side facing subs with single rear facing aero?.. that box?.. 10" aero sounds about right... gonna tune it to what?.. his preference is sql fine, but a low daily tune or mid 30's daily?

That 7.5 net box looks ok to me on 5K.

Problem with that box is you end up loading the drivers closest to the port is better than both Faye and acoustic Lee to put the port in the middle of with two subs on each of solid or put the subs in the Middle with a port on each side.

His max dimensions are 32x32x16. So that design won't work any ways. Gonna have to be a up fire. 2 subs wide, 2 subs deep setup.

Also shouldn't those subs be getting a 2.5k each? Instead of paired.

I use to run my four DD 3510s in 6 cu ft plus port ..my daily box did between 154-156 in my wrangler and played with authority around 30hz the 9510s should do about the same in theright box

I use to run my four DD 3510s in 6 cu ft plus port ..my daily box did between 154-156 daily in my wrangler and played with authority around 30hz the 9510s should do about the same in theright box

I never liked how they sound in small boxes I've heard of 9510 and 1.75 and that b**** slammed on lows in 1.5 and it was way to over damped but I'd be silly to argue with you.. ;)

I never liked how they sound in small boxes I've heard of 9510 and 1.75 and that b**** slammed on lows in 1.5 and it was way to over damped but I'd be silly to argue with you.. ;)

I’m not running any big systems atm... but I did order a new dbm2 meter tonight so I may put something back together soon ...to play with the meter

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']That's roughly just under 9.5 gross cu ft. What do those require for airspace ported? @shredder2[/QUOTE]

Even aeroported 6ft3 net will be a stretch... best I could come up with is 1.45ft3 per... 1 10" aero tuned to 34hz... and thats single baffled subs up/port back... Idk if they'll do ok in that airspace but you can draw it up if you want. I only accounted for subs, dowel bracing and port displacement... and really did it quick.
So its not exact but in the neighborhood
If the width can be increased to say... 36" or height a bit it'll be easier and able to be braced better with 45's as well as a double baffle.
Then it'll be feasible to get 1.5ft3 per tune to 33hz and brace it properly, add 45's and a double baffle too.
16x32x32 just seems too small to really do it right Edited by shredder2

I’m not running any big systems atm... but I did order a new dbm2 meter tonight so I may put something back together soon ...to play with the meter

Haven't ran a big system since 07 Maybe it's on now I'm tired of these love s*** talkers

Even aeroported 6ft3 net will be a stretch... best I could come up with is 1.45ft3 per... 1 10" aero tuned to 34hz... and thats single baffled subs up/port back... Idk if they'll do ok in that airspace but you can draw it up if you want. I only accounted for subs, dowel bracing and port displacement... and really did it quick.

So its not exact but in the neighborhood

If the width can be increased to say... 36" or height a bit it'll be easier and able to be braced better with 45's as well as a double baffle.

Then it'll be feasible to get 1.5ft3 per tune to 33hz and brace it properly, add 45's and a double baffle too.

16x32x32 just seems too small to really do it right

I will re measure and see what dimensions I can come up with. The hatch area is shaped like an upside down T it’s skinny between the strut towers and opens up to the back of the hatch.

I have no idea why the tuning keeps going lower and lower. That will sound terrible. Stick with DD recommended volume and tuning for best results.

I will re measure and see what dimensions I can come up with. The hatch area is shaped like an upside down T it’s skinny between the strut towers and opens up to the back of the hatch.

Does this look like it'll fit? This is around 6.1ft3 net around 33.5hz, shorten the port to 20" long and its around 6.2ft3 net at 35hz, It's double baffled, braced and 45'd.

Just make sure there is sufficient clearance for the port to breathe.

V8vnGD.jpg

18" long is 36hz at 6.3ft3... as far as tuning goes it's easy and the explicit ultimate box app is really close to Winisd... that's 1.25 driver/bracing displacements btw (4 ea 4" 45's and 2 ea 1.5" dowels top to bottom)

Edited by shredder2

The lowest I would tune is 35 other than that you're killing so much output with that drivers it's not even funny

Does this look like it'll fit? This is around 6.1ft3 net around 33.5hz, shorten the port to 20" long and its around 6.2ft3 net at 35hz, It's double baffled, braced and 45'd.

Just make sure there is sufficient clearance for the port to breathe.

V8vnGD.jpg

18" long is 36hz at 6.3ft3... as far as tuning goes it's easy and the explicit ultimate box app is really close to Winisd... that's 1.25 driver/bracing displacements btw (4 ea 4" 45's and 2 ea 1.5" dowels top to bottom)

This could work if I can have the port on one of the 32” sides. I will get more measurements later today. DD has 1.25 cuft. for small box and 1.5 for large box on their website.

Pecan monies?

Id put the subs in no less than 1.5 per. And a tad more if possible. That 6.2cu at 35hz should slam