Tired of trying to find pure sub signal...need help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have already posted a thread on trying to find an unfiltered signal in my stock system for a subwoofer. With no success, I am looking for recommendations on a Southern California audio shop that has the skills/experience to do the job.

I have a 2015 Chevrolet 2500HD with Bose audio. I want to keep the stock amp to keep the features it supports but want to power a 12” sub off an aftermarket amp. When I sent the signal from the existing sub to a signal processor, amp and finally sub, I found the signal to be heavily processed for the stock sub configuration.

There appears to be a 35hz subsonic filter in the stock system. I attempted to find an unfiltered audio signal for the subwoofer every way I could think of. Post amp and even pre amp signals were all processed.

Realizing that the HU likely does the audio processing I realized I am looking for a solution outside of my skill set. Because of this I am asking for recommendations of audio shops that have strong technical skills when it comes to working to keep the stock interface.

Thanks for the help and recommendations!

If the headunit is doing the processing then the only way to get around it is to get a new headunit or a something like the miniDSP with summing capabilities.

If the headunit is doing the processing then the only way to get around it is to get a new headunit or a something like the miniDSP with summing capabilities.

Probably this. I doubt there's anybody that could get into your factory head unit and pull some RCA outputs out of there pre-processed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.