Help with Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

DaSub

Hi guys

I have a precisionpower p1000.1 and a rockford fosgate p3 (dual 2 ohm) to go along with it.

Correct me if i am wrong, i intend to wire the subwoofer to have a final impedance of 4 ohms, to match with the 580 rms from the amplifier.

my other question is about the fuses, the amp has 3 40amp fuses, what rating fuse do i need by the battery? Oh abd also this is going into a 2007 scion tc, which has a stock alternator of 100amps, as far as i know, is trhat enough?

Thanks

Hi guysI have a precisionpower p1000.1 and a rockford fosgate p3 (dual 2 ohm) to go along with it.

Correct me if i am wrong, i intend to wire the subwoofer to have a final impedance of 4 ohms, to match with the 580 rms from the amplifier.

my other question is about the fuses, the amp has 3 40amp fuses, what rating fuse do i need by the battery? Oh abd also this is going into a 2007 scion tc, which has a stock alternator of 100amps, as far as i know, is trhat enough?

Thanks
actually we normally run more than rated power to subs.. i have same amp ran 2 ohm (over 900rms) to a $70 pioneer for months no problems.. if u use a ported box they have "box rise" only about 65% the power u send to sub gets to it., if u porting it i would wire to 1 ohm set gain really low.. video shows u how to adjust gain for say 650rms , use volt meter on amp with 50hz tone for 650rms (running amp at 1 ohm) u would want meter to show 25.4v (25-26v be good) it's not perfect but should put u really close to right.

sorry forgot the fuse part.. amp fuses have nothing to do with fuse at batt.. u fuse by wire size only so if u have 4ga like me u use 80-100 amp is fine.. i've had 80amp for 13 yrs no problem, just got new 100 amp with fuse holder (cause i realized d*mn thing is 13 yrs old lol) putting new one on tomorrow.. if u don't have wire yet and u intend to keep car for yrs u should go with 2 or 0 ga wire in case up get bigger amp later or add a 2nd one..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.