Anyone else have the Kenwood ddx9904s?

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
Got the 9904s and 100 ft of 1/0 today.

Been too busy at work.

Going to compare it to my jvc 730

This one has the sound quality Parts in it and would 5 volt preamp outs I just put it in and I'm at work right now so I'm then it tomorrow! As soon as I get off I'm running the 4 runs of 1/0 doing my grounds and starting on the amp rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a Kenwood x891 and a Kenwood ddx395
It's been about 10 years since I had a Kenwood. Had the ****** single din x991. This unit says it has the upgraded parts for better sound. Got 400x2 on the mids 200x2 on the tweeters. Hopefully it sounds better than the JVC but the JVC sounded f****** great

It will sound like any other HU. Flat 20-20k.
Thats completely false. Sorry to say not all head units have a flat sound signature. Swapped a lot of head units back then and every head unit has its own sound signature. No other changes made, flat stock settings for each, each vastly different, both have the same spec'd 24 bit dach and pre-amp output however it wasnt the output that was clearly different it was mainly the frequency response. Dont even get me started on a 16 bit dac vs a 24 bit dac head unit.

Thats completely false. Sorry to say not all head units have a flat sound signature. Swapped a lot of head units back then and every head unit has its own sound signature. No other changes made, flat stock settings for each, each vastly different, both have the same spec'd 24 bit dach and pre-amp output however it wasnt the output that was clearly different it was mainly the frequency response. Dont even get me started on a 16 bit dac vs a 24 bit dac head unit.
This unit supposedly has better parts for better sound.

I have the 6904s not 9904s. I couldn't find it locally. Paid 550 for it so that wasn't a bad deal..

Every HU is flat. Facts. What you hear is in your head.
when one unit measures way higher on the 8khz to 12.5khz region than the other one by several db while the other head unit has much heavier midbass response, there is nothing in my head its a night and day difference.

Won't get into that disagreement but I picked up the 9903s during black Friday. I assume its the model prior to the 9904. Pretty happy with it. Tilt screen feature is nice.

I think it sounds better then the last couple of hu's I've had although the previous ones were older (alpine 123-KW 742u).

android auto works good. Don't have apple. I mainly use Sirius xm but have used blue tooth on it a couple of times to see how it worked. Sounded really good but can't comment on daily use. Don't listen to FM radio. Mirroring worked great once I figured it out. The manual is not that great.

back up camera works great. No front cam. I missed having a nob for volume but having gotten used to it. Screen wash is real lol. Only complaints I have with it.

the only sound effects I've settled on using is the sound stage set on high. Very little eq. I use the radios crossover. Everything has been super easy to use and get to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.