2 strapped amps on one dual 2? HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay so I have an PSI/American bass 15 dual 2. Currently it’s wired at 1 ohm.

The guy I got it from had it on two sundown 1500s but I failed to ask him how he had it wired and if his amps were running it stable at .5 or 1 or 2 ohms since they were the old 1500s I assumed it wasn’t .5

I was going to two it’s on two ap2k minis (oscoped) I’ve seen test of these running at .5 ohms just not recommended for daily. Is it possible to stay at 1 ohm on a single dual 2 on strapped amps?

Or would it be 1, 2, 4 ohms? Someone else said this is 1ohm on a single sub 2 amps but doesn’t say what the voice coil is. Please let me know ASAP

Pic for reffered diagram

View attachment 26556951

Options are 1ohm; each amp at 0.5Or 4ohm; each amp at 2ohm
So at 0.5 I risk messing up the amps and voiding warranty since they both are 1 ohm stable. Or since they are working together 0.5 is okay?

If I run the sub at 4 ohms and both amps now =2 ohms it would be about the same power as running one amp at 1ohm?

There was a video on here about strapping amps and what actually happens if you use a scope or meter to gain match. Really informative it was. See if I can find it.
Really just need to know if the amps will be okay at 0.5 but I heard if the slave gains are =/- than master amp you shouldn’t have any problems clip/distortion wise.

Okay so I have an PSI/American bass 15 dual 2. Currently it’s wired at 1 ohm.
The guy I got it from had it on two sundown 1500s but I failed to ask him how he had it wired and if his amps were running it stable at .5 or 1 or 2 ohms since they were the old 1500s I assumed it wasn’t .5

I was going to two it’s on two ap2k minis (oscoped) I’ve seen test of these running at .5 ohms just not recommended for daily. Is it possible to stay at 1 ohm on a single dual 2 on strapped amps?

Or would it be 1, 2, 4 ohms? Someone else said this is 1ohm on a single sub 2 amps but doesn’t say what the voice coil is. Please let me know ASAP

Pic for reffered diagram

View attachment 26556951
I've run plenty of older Sundown 1500s at 0.5 ohm. Actually can't think of a Sundown mono that I haven't run at 0.5.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.