Can a 5 channel amp be strapped/daisy chained?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vash01

CarAudio.com Recruit
Lets say you are starting with a whole new build and you are starting low. So you go with a 5 channel amp. It has plenty of goodies, like speaker level inputs, preamp outputs, that sort of thing. Could you use such an item in place of a LOC for a future system, and hook up a 4 channel amp and a 1 channel amp up to it later.

Something like this for example.

Not familiar with that one but if it has a preamp out then yes. Planning the same with a JLVX to supply signal to a mono amp for sub. That amp was high on my list for a “complete” system amp.

Not familiar with that one but if it has a preamp out then yes. Planning the same with a JLVX to supply signal to a mono amp for sub. That amp was high on my list for a “complete” system amp.
So in theory a 5 channel amp, with DSP and Speaker level inputs and Preamp outputs is a four in one package? Which would mean it beats out some cheaper brands on that alone.

Attempting to do DSP, LOC, and amping 4 channels and a sub with NVX at comparable wattage puts you at 700$ with SonicElectronix. But it also takes up space, lots of it. Im guessing what you could do is spend the money on the fancy pants 5 channel amp, then cheap out a bit on the speakers and subs.

So in theory a 5 channel amp, with DSP and Speaker level inputs and Preamp outputs is a four in one package? Which would mean it beats out some cheaper brands on that alone.

Attempting to do DSP, LOC, and amping 4 channels and a sub with NVX at comparable wattage puts you at 700$ with SonicElectronix. But it also takes up space, lots of it. Im guessing what you could do is spend the money on the fancy pants 5 channel amp, then cheap out a bit on the speakers and subs.
I wouldn't say that makes it better. It might make it better for you.

Not sure I would be worried about spending money on DSP if I was going to cheap out on speakers.

If you did that then all the other amps are going to dependent on that one amp. IT SOUNDS LIKE You could accomplish the same thing with a $10-$20 RCA splitter. (The only difference would be the length of your RCA cables).

We can offer suggestions if you want to give some ideas on budget, and goals. Personally, if I was piecing together slowly, I would start with a nice set of components, and a budget 2ch amp. If you know it's going to take a while, you keep an eye out for deals, and learn when the sales are.

Depending on where you go with it, you need to plan for electrical (alternator then maybe batteries). A quality build will want to prep the rest of the vehicle and put in some sound deadener. I probably spent $1K on non-system stuff for a smaller pickup and I'm only about 2,000 watts.

You're going to spend $1300 on an amp, and then buy some cheap speakers?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...