Need help, 2015 Honda accord.

Participant count
  • Participant list
2015 Honda accord lx with stock radio.

Need some guidance as I'm a newbie and I would appreciate you guys help

What I have is an Alpine mrp-f600 amp, JL xr-csi650 comp speakers, two sets of this speakers and an JL 1300 mono amp for the sub.

I already installed the rear and front speakers with the alpine amp but it seems that I need to do some work, seal the doors and the trunk, been reading about a member of this forum with the same car, taking notes and will follow his guidance.

And I just got an Memphis 16-LL6A, ready to install it this weekend, but I need some guidance with this install.

Have a lot of questions:

I have the 4g amp wire already in the car, going to run it all the way to the trunk, question is, can I split the + wire from the amp using 18g wire to feed the output converter?

Also, I would like to add the subwoofer to this install, would it be OK to feed the monoblock amp from same wire using 4g wire? I have the metal box that splits the wire.

Can I use the remote wire, from the converter to this 2 amps? Found a fuse that turns off and on with the key.

I don't know where to get the speaker wire from for the sub, should I take it from the rear speakers? From both speakers or just one?.....this may be a dumb question, but I'm new to this hobbie and the installation process.

And for rear speakers, I installed the jl comp speakers, but would it be better some coaxial for this location?

Thanks in advance for your help

to be honest man u should start with thicker wire if running those 2 amps at full power.. i'm running 900 rms and have old 4ga if i got more than maybe 200 more watts i'd have to upgrade wire.. if u can start with 2ga wielding wire would be lots better to split into smaller wire per amp.. when i had 2 amps with 4 ga i ran 8ga to each amp from the dist block but 8 ga is small for 1300 rms amp., 4ga is pushing it..

Got the converter, amp and rear speakers running, sounds better.

Going to run the speaker door wire to the converter this coming holiday and start sealing the doors.

One question, would an equalizer help on this set up?

I'm thinking about this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLARION-EQS755-CAR-AUDIO-7-BAND-GRAPHIC-EQUALIZER-WITH-3-5MM-AUX-IN-EQS-755-/162599949001?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

And maybe this speakers for the rear

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0ivOywjsIxI/p_091PC165F/Focal-PC-165F.html?XVINQ=DST&XVVER=Z03&awcp=1t1&awcr=164118321746&awdv=t&awkw=&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9009735

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.