Can i wire two 2ohm subs to 2 ohm if wired seperatly on strapped amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
Ok so i currently have two jp 23s strapped.im getting ready to ordrr two 18 inch resilient sound plats .ik i will need more power but plan on running it like this for a min till i can afford a bigger amp .im thinking about getting the dual 2 ohm so i can wire down to half ohm later down the road but if i were to keep my jp23s strapped and wire seperatly to each sub at 1 ohm that would would that give me 2 ohms or would that be the same thing as wiring them together .TIA

to keep my jp23s strapped and wire seperatly to each sub at 1 ohm that would would that give me 2 ohms or would that be the same thing as wiring them together
Do not quote me on this, but the way I understand it is that when the amps are set to Slave/Master mode, only the positives put out power. So you should not be able to wire one sub to each amp. If each amp's lowest Ohm setting is 1 Ohm, then in strapped/daisychained mode, you can only go 2 Ohms minimum. Just like a 2 channel in bridged mode. Your user manual should have all that pertinentt info.

Do not quote me on this, but the way I understand it is that when the amps are set to Slave/Master mode, only the positives put out power. So you should not be able to wire one sub to each amp. If each amp's lowest Ohm setting is 1 Ohm, then in strapped/daisychained mode, you can only go 2 Ohms minimum. Just like a 2 channel in bridged mode. Your user manual should have all that pertinentt info.
Alright i appreciate it .i realize that i can just wire them to 2 ohm .i was thinking i could only do .5 and 4 ohm so i ended up ordering some dual 2 ohm and getting a bigger .5 ohm amp to feed them . The two j23s will not be enough

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...