Correct Wiring Harness?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Masikr

Bay Area
I plan on installing a Kenwood ddx372bt into my 91 Lexus ES250 and am wondering if this harness (Metra 70-1761) will work for this application. Also, is it true that since this HU is an upgraded system that uses much more inputs than the stock stereo I'll have to get an RF modulator to use accessories like an aux input for ipods and what not?

I plan on installing a Kenwood ddx372bt into my 91 Lexus ES250 and am wondering if this harness (Metra 70-1761) will work for this application. Also, is it true that since this HU is an upgraded system that uses much more inputs than the stock stereo I'll have to get an RF modulator to use accessories like an aux input for ipods and what not?
Go on over to crutchfield, put in year, make, and model of your car, even if you don't purchase from them, you can find out what you are in need of for your install dude. That is where I do all of my research, very helpful, good luck dude.

Yes I've done that and sadly they say they have not "fully" (or at all) researched my car.. It's ok, thanks for the input tho man, I've kind've figured this thing will be a plug and play type thing lol, figured I might as well try.

Yes I've done that and sadly they say they have not "fully" (or at all) researched my car.. It's ok, thanks for the input tho man, I've kind've figured this thing will be a plug and play type thing lol, figured I might as well try.
Try checking the Camry equivalent dude, that may help.

It does say it'll fit a 2nd gen Camry, which is "basically" what I have. My car does have some old *** Pioneer stereo system that I don't know came with the Camry or not, but ya the harness work based on that. Sadly it's saying it'll only fit 5 1/4" speakers in the rear deck which is smaller than what I have to throw back there lol.. Every time I would go to the audio shop they would give me a different response as what size speakers it needed... Last time I went in the guy searched the code on the rear speakers and could not find anything on them. It's ok i should've just opened it up back there and figured that out myself beforehand I guess. Thanks though dude.

It does say it'll fit a 2nd gen Camry, which is "basically" what I have. My car does have some old *** Pioneer stereo system that I don't know came with the Camry or not, but ya the harness work based on that. Sadly it's saying it'll only fit 5 1/4" speakers in the rear deck which is smaller than what I have to throw back there lol.. Every time I would go to the audio shop they would give me a different response as what size speakers it needed... Last time I went in the guy searched the code on the rear speakers and could not find anything on them. It's ok i should've just opened it up back there and figured that out myself beforehand I guess. Thanks though dude.
Your welcome dude.

Depending on your upgrade, you may be able to bypass the rear deck dude. Some here do either kick panels or mids in the doors and tweets in the a pillar. That is the way that I have mine, front door mids and a pillar tweets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.