Broken OEM Overhead DVD Ent. System

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reddackel

Hi Everyone,

My overhead DVD player used to get a DVD stuck in it every once in a while. It would "hold on to" the DVD when one tried to eject it and it would get stuck half-way in, half-way out. This happened the other day again. The fix always was to give the player a gentle whack. Well, I whacked it, hit eject again, and the DVD released from the player's grip and came out. Then, I reinserted another DVD, it wouldn't play, and the words on the display were "DVD Seek". Help! Has anyone had these issues and know how to fix? My feeling is the player is broke and if so, I'm looking to purchase a replacement and self-install. Is this complicated - to drop the ceiling unit and replace? I've never done it. Or, could this be a fuse issue? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE, sunroof installed,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.