What should I expect from a good sub.

Participant count
  • Participant list

3j3j3j

OK heres some background. My friends have subs that get loud, but are very boomy and distorted. Anyways we still have a good ol time blasting these subs. One is a Jl shallow mount that is sealed and the other a 10w1 in a prefab ported box. The other sub I have listened to is one that came in a decent home audio system, but not a super nice sub. It doesn't distort like the Jls though. WE listen to lots of rap, trap, and edm. The ported sub is loud enough to not be able to talk with the person in the front seat and makes the mirror go out of adjustment.

So my question is, what can I expect from the subs Like Soundqubed HDS312 or a Sundown Sa12 compared to what I have heard?

I plan on getting an SA-12 tuned at 33Hz and my brother a HDS312 tuned a little higher. Thanks for clueing me in.

well, at minimum theyll get louder and sound better provided you put them in a properly sized box. the jl w1 is pretty low end (despite its cost imo). I had a w6 and it got decently loud, but it really shined with its flat responses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.