03 Silverado install issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

knotdrummer88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi there,

I'm putting an alpine HU in my dads 03 Silverado w/o Bose radio and came into a few hiccups. First of all, the truck side of the harness does not have a remote turn on wire, do I have to run one myself? Secondly, I did put it in the dash and plugged it in before I realized I didn't have a remote wire and when I did that tge truck would start but only run for about a second. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

Do you have the security bypass module? I'll assume no. Also the truck side won't have a remote on you run that wire to an amp.
This truck doesn't have an amp in it, and I believe I have the security bypass system from pac audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.