Sign in to follow this  
Chollis

1994 Ford Ranger regular cab enclosure ideas and sub recommendations...

I want to build a custom enclosure in my little '94 Ranger. I have bucket seats, and I'm open to a center console box or something that fits behind the passenger seat. I think that one higher end 10" should be plenty to rock the truck, but I was hoping to get some suggestions on box design and some recommendations on what sub(s) to put in it. I'm going for SPL, and I want it to be THUMPING. I would really appreciate any input any of you guys might have. Thanks.

Personally, I would do lower-end or mid-level 10s in a ported enclosure. As long as you are not crazy tall, you should have the room you need to fit it all behind the seats.

DCCreationssigfinalimg.jpg

That's the thing, I'm 6'4". I'm fine with middle of the road subs, and I would prefer a ported enclosure, but I need to have my seat all the way back. I can build the box no problem. I've done it before, I work in the special effects industry so I can build pretty much anything. I just don't know a lot about box design. C'mon man, help me out with some ideas.

That's the thing, I'm 6'4". I'm fine with middle of the road subs, and I would prefer a ported enclosure, but I need to have my seat all the way back. I can build the box no problem. I've done it before, I work in the special effects industry so I can build pretty much anything. I just don't know a lot about box design. C'mon man, help me out with some ideas.

Best option is to get some measurements to work with. Behind the seats and if you took the console out...then we could try and toss out some options for what space you have available.

DCCreationssigfinalimg.jpg

If I put it behind the passenger seat, the most amount of space I would have is:

Height: 23"

Length: 24"

Depth: 13"

still need top depth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pioneer avhx 4800 dvd, ampere tfhe 9.0 and 150.4 with arc audio xxd 4080

4 d3100 and 3 deka 8a31 and d975 ,270 dc power and 320 amp singer alt

B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SupermanChevy24
      I have installed systems before... But unfortunately they have been in cars with plenty of trunk space!! This time I need help which is why after countless and reading forums and blah blah blah. So I am asking for help with what to buy. I am installing a brand new system in my truck 2011 Silverado Regular Cab.. I am redoing the whole thing Head unit, Door speakers, Back Speakers, Subwoofer (1 or 2) still in a toss up. I only have $750.00 and would like to have a little left over.

Any advice/ criticism would be great!

The only problem I am really running into is what brand, how many subs 1 or 2, and how do I put it behind my seat as in build my own box or buy a prefab.

O and im sorry in advance if this thread has already been started somewhere else.
    • By TFD
      Just purchased 2 SA 10's and wanting to go ported.

Ideas?
    • By Chollis
      I have a little 1994 ford ranger regular cab that I use for work. I want to build a custom enclosure for behind the seats, but I really need help with the design. I have 2 Audiobahn AW1000q subs that I would like to put in the enclosure.

Here are the specs on the subs:

Size 10 -inch
      Impedance 4 ohms
      Cone Material Non-pressed pulp
      Surround Material Foam
      Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet) N/A
      Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 1.632
      Port diameter (inches) 3
      Port length (inches) 8
      Free-Air No
      Dual Voice Coil Yes
      Sensitivity 91.1 dB at 1 watt
      Frequency Response 23 - 500 Hz
      RMS Power Range (Watts) 50-600
      Peak Power Handling (Watts) 1200
      Top Mount Depth (inches) 5 1/4
      Bottom Mount Depth (inches) N/A
      Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 9 5/16
      Vas (liters) 29
      Fs (Hz) 30
      Qts 0.41
      Xmax (millimeters) 12

I have bucket seats with no center console and I am tall, so I would like to have the subs mounted close to each other so that I don't have to have one of them behind my seat. Rarely does anyone ride in the passenger seat so I can pull it forward as much as I want. I was thinking that I would like to mount them close to each other behind the passenger seat area and have one port facing the driver's side. I want it to be as loud as possible too.

I know that there are a lot of posts about single cab truck enclosures, and believe me I did read probably all of them. I didn't find the answers I was looking for, so hopefully you guys will help me out... I got the subs for free from a friend so I figured I'd use them. I am open to suggestions though, and I have a used Kicker SX900.2 that is fully functional that I would trade for some higher end subs. Thanks a bunch everybody.
    • By Bryanm17
      Hey guys,

I finally made up my mind to keep my truck that's paid off and put some bang in it! I have a 2004 single cab silverado that I currently have 2 12 shallow 12s behind the seats. Honestly they just aren't cutting it anymore so I need your help designing a full out spl system. I am on a very tight budget and I am working with a very small space (im 6'5") so it's going to be a challenge. I can build the box to your recommended specs and I can do the speakers however you think. What I'm looking for is 100% SPL, I could care less about sq. I can post any demensions that y'all ask me for. I have a decent pioneer head unit and wire but I would like new speakers box and amp, also possibly an epicenter if you guys think that's a good idea. I have about $450 to spend on the speakers and amp. I don't think there is a way to fit full sized 12s but possibly 2-3 10s if you get creative??? To be honest I'm very new to this but I've been around systems all my life, just never involved in the technical part. I would appreciate any and all help and feel free to ask more questions if I left out any needed info.
    • By Brian21699
      Ok. So for my fifteenth birthday, my parents bought me my second vehicle. Well, I say my second, but the first was an old junk Foxbody Mustang that I hoped to restore. So as my Daily, my dad found a 2000 Ford Ranger. That's cool. It's the one year only color, Mandarin Copper, it has just enough chrome to be nice, but not ghetto. The only problem? It is a single cab! So, when I started talking to my girlfriend, and her dad, who both are serious about their systems (She has a Sundown X-12, and he has an RE Audio XX18) He had a Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 for sale, and offered to cut me a deal on it because I help him out on different things all the time. He said if I gave him $50, he'd sell it to me and build me a box to fit it in my truck. I was doubtful, but I figured if it ended up not fitting, I could at least sell it for $75 and make my money back on it. Well, he came through, and built me a sealed box for the 12, and that's when I realized that the cheap crap that I called a Dual amp was blown. So, when the next project came around, he offered to buy me an amp from his brother, who also was into car audio. We put a Rough Country 5 inch lift on his 2010 Jeep, and he bought the two amps that his brother had. Well, when I finally installed one, it didn't work. So I tried the other one, and it worked, but it distorted terribly, and only one of the two channels worked. So he offered to buy me a brand new Hifonics HFI 1000.1D, and even gave me some new 4 Gauge Power and ground, and a set of RCA's.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26550429[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26550430[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26550431[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26550432[/ATTACH]