01 Silverado, 4 Sa-8s, AQ2200, DC POWER, & iPad 2

First off, as some of you know I had a build log on here previously but that was when I still had my blow through in my truck, ONLY reason I dont have it in any more is because I needed the bed for moving stuff back and forth to college so yeah, anyways, herrreee we go:)

anyways, heres how it looked when I got it

photo4.jpg

5N95K75H43I23Jd3N3c1v67ac40056d2818e5.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo5.jpg

ONTO TEH AUDIOZ

built this for some ICE:suave:

photo6.jpg

Kenwood x994 and EQ, love these two together, excellent SQ

photo18.jpg

Fuse Holders from SHOK industries

photo17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RCA cable for the HU to EQ and the Dock im using for the iPad dash

photo16.jpg

Old, "normal" AQ2200, sold it and got one with a PLEXI back, pics of that soon:)

photo19.jpg

Some AT deadening!

photo24.jpg

Still need to do more on the back wall now that the blowthrough has been removed and the panels have been rewelded in, kinda noisy. Currently theres two layers on the outer door skin, two on the inner panels, one-2 layers on the floor and some on the roof. I need to get some CCF and do a layer of that in the truck too to silence everything, anyone have any suggestions on what company to use or buy from?

tinted the tails, they came out good.

photo32.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo28.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo26.jpg

DC Level 4 15's that were in the blowthrough, these have been sold..

photo22.jpg

previous set up

ac9accd0837311e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

a681dd26829b11e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

9b941e2082ae11e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Heres the truck with the box in, and bedlinered

photo2-10.jpg

second iPad dash I built, sold it to a guy at a show who made me an offer I couldnt refuse.. I plan on building another soon tho

photo32-2.jpg

photo22-2.jpg

photo14-1.jpg

After getting cleared

photo12-2.jpg

My mids and highs amplifier, Its a JL Audio Jx 360.4, solid amp, but just sold this a few days ago so that I could pick up a Alpine PDX 4.150 at a crackhead price.

photo70-1.jpg

Heres my current doors, only could find this pic and boy were they shiiitty this was literally my FIRST time working with fiberglass, you can see the airbubbles, etc. etc.. turned out pretty bad. Im going to redo them soon for my 2 sets of crescendos. But one postive thing was that these doors taught me ALOT and will help me significantly with building iPad dashes and doing more doors, and fabrication in general.. I've gotten alot better as you can see with the dash pics i posted above lol..

photo5-4.jpg

Sold all of that ish, and decided to change it up. From here on is now all my current equipment..
New AQ2200 with the plexi from @BlactimusCrime, will definitely be lighting this up with some LED's to show it off

photo4-7.jpg

photo32-3.jpg

photo42-2.jpg

This should help with keeping the voltage up, DC XP 270 from @dbeez, does 200 amps at idle, this one benches out at 280 amps max. , and about $1,500 worth of tools my dad gave me to help me work on my truck and audio stuff. I cant thank him enough, for how grateful I am for this.

photo-19.jpg

more pics of the DC alt

photo5-6.jpg

Picked up a DD1 to help me set my gains properly

photo3-6.jpg

oh look, its signed by Steve!

photo4-6.jpg

4 Sa-8 V1 D2s being built by @woofercooker, if you want some cheap SA-8s hit him up, i got mine brand new CHEAP! excellent guy to do business with

photo5-5.jpg

they're in dallas waiting for me.. GF's dad sent me this pic the other day.. cant wait to get home for thanksgiving break to get them in.

photo4-5.jpg

Dropped a newer motor and trans with only 80k miles on it, my truck has, i think 145 on it.

photo43-2.jpg

More random pics of the truck

photo1-6.jpg

5k HID's installed

photo3-7.jpg

gotta support my school!
photo1-5.jpg

Pic i took today, yeah im low

photo2-9.jpg

MINT Alpine PDX 4.150, getting it for $150 on Craigslist in Minnesota thanks to @BrownVanMan. these go for $300 used usually so it was a good pick up, its minty too!

photo3-5.jpg

iPad 2 with wifi+3g, im not using a data plan though, only reason I got the 3g option is because it has a GPS chip in it. wifi model does not, so when it is docked in my truck, once I jailbreak it and get the $150 tomtom app for free, I'll be able to tether the internet from my iPhone 5 to it, thus giving me turn by turn navigation..

Nice so far. You planning on going all-out show truck, or going to keep it as a daily driver?
mix of both, i really want to clean the truck up, and make it atleast somewhat show worthy, the interior is about to change durastically once I get back to Dallas for Thanksgiving and Christmas break (I'm in college in Oklahoma) I will be redoing the doors, along with doing the sub box, and making an armrest built into it, the box/center console will house the gain control for my sub amp, voltage meter, maybe a SMD meter or two, and this

EQ molded into my old center consoles cup holder

photo35.jpg

but at the end of the day, the truck will be my DD..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.